Chapter 30

Sideswipe stayed with her that night after talking to Major Lennox and her saying she wanted to leave. He was afraid if he left her, she would leave. He couldn't recharge, keeping his eyes on the sleeping form next to him. His hand ran through her hair, arm wrapped around her, as they lay on her bed. Her head on his chest, arm draped over him. for the first time since Sunny's betrayal, she slept. She slept to the hum of Sideswipes spark. They both needed this. They need each other right now. They need to be strong. Sideswipe feels the need to be strong for both of them. He was going to find a way to get their Sunny back. No matter what it takes.

She began to stir in her sleep, mumbled words coming from her lips. Her body began to visibly shake, scaring Sideswipe. Then she screamed. She screamed a high-pitched scream. Sideswipe shook her, trying to wake her up. "Nichole!" He yelled. She started to shove him away, her eyes still sealed shut. "Nichole, its me. Its me, Sideswipe." He continued. He grabbed ahold of her flinging arms. She struggled to get away, but he was much stronger than her. He was able to pull her into his chest and wrap his arms around her. She growled and continued to struggle. "Nichole, please. Its me." He whispered into her ear. Her eyes popped open wide and scared. "Sideswipe?" She questioned looking up at him. "I'm so sorry." She began to cry. Something she began to do a lot more after losing Diesel and Sunstreaker. "No no no. Don't be." He wiped the tears from her eyes. She sniffled and looked away. "Please don't turn away." She couldn't ignore his plea.

Her eyes stared into his holoform ones, the pain and hurt radiating threw them. Her stone-gray irises seemed to be almost blackened now. Sideswipe caressed her cheek, lightly brushing a few strands of hair behind her ear. He gave her a weak smile. One she couldn't return, it only made her frown even more. Tears slowly slid down her cheek. "Please don't cry. You've done to much of that." He mumbled, trying not to cry himself. "I don't know what to do anymore, Sideswipe. I feel so broken. I'm lost." She cried. These feelings she had, she hadn't felt in a long time, not since her childhood. "I understand. We will get through this. I promise." Sitting up, he pulled her in close again. Holding her tight, almost afraid he might lose her. "Don't make promises you can't keep." Her voice muffled by his chest. He looked away from her, biting his lip.

Then he grabbed her shoulders and pushed her up, so he could look her in the eyes again. "I will keep this promise. I promise to make things right. I don't know why Sunstreaker did what he did, but I will find out and I will bring him home." His eyes searched hers for a sign of belief. "I want to believe you, but I can't. Sunstreaker took all the trust I had. I tried so hard and now...I have none left to give. I don't know who I can trust anymore. What if your lying to me? What if your saying all these things just to give me back to the Decepticons?" She shivered, moving back from him, trying to get him to let go of her. "I will die before I lie to you." His bright blue holoform eyes bore into her darkened gray eyes. Neither wore an expression on their face. They stayed like this for some time, tension filling the air, before Sideswipe finally looked away and sighed, bringing his arms to his side.

All of a sudden, Sideswipe's eyes darkened and seemed distant. Nichole noticed and looked at him intently, waiting for him to come back. Sideswipe felt something pushing through the bond between him and his twin. As his eyes brightened, his head snapped to look at Nichole. "I felt him." He couldn't help the joy he felt, and happiness come through his voice. "He's safe." He said looking away from her. Nichole couldn't stop the anger that began to rise in her throat. She pierced her lips together to keep herself from speaking. Her eyebrows scrunched together as she pinched her nose. Sideswipe jumped to his feet and headed towards the door. "Where are you going?" Nichole asked surprised. "I have to go find him." Is all he said as he rushed out the door. Nichole rushing quickly to follow him.

His holoform vanished just as she closed the door behind her. "SIDESWIPE!" She screamed, making him stop before he even started. "What?!?" He yelled back, clearly annoyed. She ran up to his passenger side door. "I'm going with you." She tried to open the door, but it wouldn't. "Sideswipe!" "Why do you want to go? You Keep saying you don't care about Sunny anymore." She kept pulling at the door. Tugging as hard as she could. "Nichole! Why?" He shouted at her, his whole alt vibrating at the loudness of his voice. She stopped pulling and backed up a few steps, her head down, looking at the floor. "Nichole?" "Cause I felt him to." She said quietly, looking back up at the primer red Lamborghini. The door flung open and Sideswipe fizzled into existence, sitting in the driver seat, looking at her in shock. "Really?" He wondered. "Don't make me say it again." She growled. "Get in." His voice turned cold.

She jumped in, Sideswipe slammed the door and gunned it. Smoke flew up as he did a burnout through the hanger. He brought his alt to high speeds, racing towards where he was feeling his brother. Nichole had to hold on tight to his arm rest and the 'oh shit' handle. He kept his holoform on, his eyes staying focused on the road, hands tightly gripping the steering wheel. Not once taking notice of Nichole, almost as if he forgot she is there. "Come on, Sunny. Where are you?" He muttered to himself. Buildings and cars were a blur as they raced past. Sideswipe swerving around cars and people, like it was a training exercise and they were only statues.

*-----------------------*
Somewhere far far away out in the galaxy, a darkened ship is floating. Ice cold crystals are beginning to form around the broke hull. No signs of life could be seen from looking in the shattered windows. Blaster marks scorched the sides of the ship, fire had gone out some time ago, leaving the black marks as a reminder. The silence inside the ship sent chills up anyone's spinal struts. Not even the light of the passing moons could see into the darkest corners. Damaged computers lay shattered amongst the deck. Broken glass severing important wiring cables. Then the body's...The bodies of those who ran the ship are unmoving. Empty metal shells are all that seem left of the crew. Energon still seeping onto the damaged floor. Just when it seems all hope is lost...Two dim cerulean blue optics light up the collapsing ceiling.

*---------------------*

Nichole had no idea how long they had been driving. The pulling of their heart/spark never seemed close enough to the intended target. While Sideswipes bond didn't hurt, Nichole's heart was beginning to become sore. Her breathing had become erratic and her heart was pumping faster than normal. Every now and then it would spasm and cause an electric like shock to be sent throughout her body. "Nichole!?" Sideswipe yelled as he was now noticing her rapid breathing. He quickly pulls himself over to the side of the road. Cars honk as they pass. "What is happening?" He yelled again, looking up and down her body. "I don't know. I've never felt this before." Her eyes stare off into the distance, hands resting on the armrest. "We need to get you to Jolt." Trying to hide the fear in his voice. Her hand grabbed his wrist, gripping tightly. "No, we need to find Sunstreaker." Her eyes filled with determination as she looked at Sideswipe. He breathed a few heavy breaths, looking her straight in the eyes. With a huff, he looked forward and continued driving the way they were being pulled.

They ended up turning down an ally way. It's dim, with very little light. Dumpsters sit next to the wall, garbage starting to spill over. The smell is overpowering, even with the windows closed. A stray cat runs in front of the headlights, surprising Sideswipe enough for him to slam on his brakes. "Its okay it was just a cat." Nichole reassured him, setting a comforting hand on his arm. The lambo slowly creeps down the ally. Neither are sure what they are going to find. The pull loosens its hold on Nichole's heart, enough so she is breathing normal again. "Do you think he's down here?" Sides whispers, slightly looking over at her. "I don't know. If he's hiding, he could be anywhere."

The ally way seemed to go for a few blocks. Low life and scums would come up and knock on the windows as they drove past. "You really should of picked a different alt mode." Nichole complained as she stared ahead, looking for a sign of Sunstreaker. "You really should of picked a different alt mode." Sideswipe raised his voice to mimic her. "I don't sound like that." Smacking him in the arm. "Ow!" He cried out. "Baby" she mumbled looking out the window. "I heard that." Sideswipe couldn't help but grumble. "Stop!" Nichole yelled. "I was only playing." "No stop the car. Look!" She shouted trying to open the door and point across the ally. Underneath a tattered, torn tarp a glimmer of gold shined as Sideswipes headlights glided over.