Chapter 10

While they waited for the group to come back. They wondered outside. It was something they did together. When Diesel needed to stretch his legs, they would always find a secluded spot and take a hike. There wasn't much of that outside the base. It was mostly just open dirt and patches of grass here and there. Mounds around where the range was set up. And sand, lots and lots of sand. Something any military member is used too. Autobots as well.

"You could of gone." She whispered to him. His servos were behind his back as he walked, he helms moved to look at her small form.

"No, I can't leave you." His tone was serious and authoritative. She knew from that tone, that there would be no arguing. They continued walking, the wind blowing lightly causing the grass to sway back and forth. Every once and while, they would spot a butterfly. Well it was nice and calm by these two, with N.E.S.T. and the Autobots, it was a different story.

Fire was blazing through buildings. Cars were flipped, crushed or blowing up. Casualties lay burning where they sat or flew. Lennox noticed as he walked past the flames coming from a car, inside was the melting face of a baby doll, they eyes had rolled out of its head, its clothes turning black, turning into ashes. Who was holding that baby doll had stopped screaming while ago. It brought tears to Lennox's eyes. He thought about his little girl at home and if something like this happened to her. He wouldn't know what to do. Gun shots rang out, snapping him from his thoughts.

"Sir, get down!" A soldier near by yelled to him. They took cover behind a smoldering vehicle, the flames dying down. They were now another block up, where the decepticons already hit. Clashing of metal and grinding gears were heard around the soldiers.

"MEGATRON!" Primes deep baritone voice was heard in the distance. It wasn't long before the two leaders came fighting into view. Swords clashing together. Megatron was pushing Optimus with their swords. Their fight continued on slamming into buildings as they went. Optimus looked out for people below, not wanting to do more damage than already down.

"Your so weak, Optimus. Your letting the little fleshies get to you." Megatron took a chance, pulling his sword away and instead with his fist, he punched Optimus square in the jaw.

Soundwave had been the decoy to get the team out into the city. Then they were ambushed. Optimus stubbled back, attempting to regain balance. Lennox and a few others ran towards him. They began to shoot at Megatron, to give Optimus the upper hand. Optimus took quickly recovered and ran at Megatron, yelling at the soldiers to get out of the way. Before Megatron could swing his hand down, Optimus threw himself into Megatron. The two rolled back a few yards, continuing to fight. The soldiers continued to get people out of the city, finding any survivors. There weren't many.
Sideswipe and Sunstreaker were battling Barricade and another con. Their faces were contorted in anger and determinations. Using his twin blades Sunstreaker took a few stabs at Barricade. Barricade was able to block them with ease. A flicker of red flashed in Sunstreaker's optics as he growled, plunging his blade into Barricades shoulder. The con cried out in pain but wouldn't go down. He brought out his cannon and took a few close shots. Sunstreaker pulled his blade back and ducked out of the way just inches from the blasts. When he came back up there was a cannon in his face. Sunstreaker froze, staring into the beady red eyes.

"Your distracted, Sunstreaker." Barricade spat out, energon dripping from his shoulder wound. The two giants circled each other.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Sunstreaker shouted back.

"There is someone your thinking about, isn't there?" Barricade gave an evil smirk. Sunstreaker didn't answer, instead took a chance to plunge his dagger into the cons throat. Barricade was able to dodge quick and swing around and kick the golden twin in the side.