Chapter 8

Major Lennox, Epps, some other soldiers and a few Autobots waited in the hanger. Optimus had made Sideswipe and Sunstreaker take Nichole out in town for a few hours. It took Sideswipe, Lennox and Epps to try get her to go with Sideswipe. She was so against it. She wanted nothing to do with going out in town. Lennox tried to convince her she needed fresh air and to get out after being stuck here for two weeks. It took Sunstreaker's holoform coming and picking her up and shoving her into his alt to get her to shut up. Sideswipe, Lennox and Epps were shocked at what he did, but they weren't going to say anything. They were just glad to get her out of the hanger. The twins knew the plan. Not that they really agreed to it, but they didn't have a choice. Sideswipe followed his brother, doing a burnout in the hanger before speeding off.

Now the rest were all waiting for Optimus and Ironhide to come back with Ratchet and Diesel. Lennox paced back and forth. He wouldn't admit it, but he was nervous, and it wasn't about meeting a new Autobot. It was Nichole's reaction when she found out they all knew he might alive. Epps tried to calm his friend down, but he himself was also scared. It wasn't long before blue and red Peterbilt rolled into the hanger and after it was a lime green ambulance. Optimus and Ratchet transformed as a desert tan MKR16 rolled in. His form was covered in weld marks acting as scars until Ratchet could do a better job at buffing him. He driver side windshield was missing and the front was cracked, and he drove with one of the middle tire missing on the driver side of the five that were supposed to be there. He looked a little lopsided. He stayed in his alt, not transforming like the rest. Ironhide rolled in last and transformed.

It was silent throughout the hanger, waiting for something to happen. After a few moments, Lennox walked up and took a closer look at the tactical vehicle. He tried to welcome the silent truck but got nothing.

"Is he okay?" Lennox turned to Ratchet.

"He won't transform until he sees Sargent James." Lennox gave an ahh sound to Ratchet, understanding him. Ratchet explained what happened to Diesel, just his injuries not how he got them, and how all he wanted to do was get back to his partner.

"Well she isn't here at the moment. We wanted to make sure you were alright and taken care of before we brought her back." Lennox explained. He felt odd talking to the truck. He felt like it wasn't an Autobot, by him not getting anything in return. "She will be excited to see you, I'm sure. She's told us a lot about you." He continued.

"She doesn't know I'm alive, does she?" A hoarse deep voice echoed throughout the hanger, making everyone jump.

"No, she doesn't." Lennox looked away, eyes to the floor, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You all knew I was alive, why would you keep it from her? Optimus told me you are all trying to help her. You think keeping me a secret would help. You want to gain her trust, you will probably never earn it now. Have you not learned anything about her while she's been here? I know for a fact she is not easy to work with." Still in his alt as he ranted.

"Your right she has not been easy on us since she came here. We are hoping you can give us some insight on to why she is the way she is." Lennox hoped.

"Ha if she hasn't told you. I sure won't. I will never betray her. Trust is number one to her. It took me four years to get her to talk to me and even then, I wouldn't be surprised if she still keeps things from me. I spent eight years with her and I plan to spend many more. We are family. Would you betray your family?" His question shot chills down all their backs. All Lennox could do was nod. He had yet to transform, but Lennox could feel a hard glare being shot at him.

"Contact Sideswipe. Tell him and Sunstreaker to bring Nichole back." Optimus ordered. Diesel seemed to relax hearing those words, sinking down a bit on his wheels.