23. Fallin All In You

{Shawn's point of view}

- continuation from chapter 22 -

For weeks, I had struggled to think of any lyrics. Every time I had sat down to write, my mind was an empty void, and the page in front of me, never became full with words. I was completely lacking inspiration. But that all changed, once I met Sofia.

One of the purposes of my trip, apart from just staying on the down low for a while, and trying to get a taste of a semi-normal life, was to write. I had never found it difficult to write, so the lack of ideas was baffling. But since Sofia entered my life, writing was as easy as falling asleep. Every time her breath-talking smile, or mesmerising green eyes, or beautiful body entered my mind, the words never seemed to cease.

I had always been a bit of a cheap skate. Always writing about love, but never truly experiencing it for myself. Instances came close, but never a love that was so consuming, or passion filled, or so heartfelt. But with Sofia, I knew this was the real thing. I knew that however long this would last, I was the luckiest man alive, to be able to know her, and not just on a basic, what's your favourite film level, but one where I could understand her, and how she was feeling, from one simple glance.

And I realised that I was falling for her, for her honest mouth, intellectual mind, caring nature, and captivating laugh, harder than what should be expected of a summer romance. Parting in the next couple of weeks, would be one of the hardest things I'd ever have to do, and her finding out about who I was, and what I did, would shatter my heart into even more pieces. But for now, life was as perfect as it was ever going to be; and I wasn't going to ruin something that only some are lucky enough to experience even once in their life.

I looked over at the young woman sat across from me. God, she didn't even have to try to be beautiful. Her lips were still slightly swollen, a reminder of what took place earlier, and I smirked at the memory. This girl, was incredible. And no music award, would ever mean as much to me, as Sofia did.

She was sat cross-legged, expectingly leaning her head on her palm, waiting for me to begin what I had, unwillingly, promised her. Picking a song to sing to her was difficult, because if I played her one of my more mainstream songs, there was a possibility that she might recognise it. But my music from previous albums, almost seemed too immature to sing to the woman in front of me. Those songs were not an honest representation of who I was, not only as an artist, but as a person. So I decided upon a song, that had only recently been composed.

'Whenever you're ready Mendes.' She smirked, feeling proud of herself for what she did to get me to do this.

I scoffed, and placed my fingers on the guitar, positioning them so that they made up the beginning chords of the song. I took a deep breath, realising how vulnerable this song would make me, never had I been so direct with my feelings. But I began to strum, the familiar chords, filling the little space between us.

Sunrise with you on my chest

As soon as I had begun to sing, I caught sight of Sofia's shocked face. All I hoped was the wait to hear me sing, was worth it to her. That's all I ever wanted to do, was make this girl, this special, funny, flawed yet perfect girl, happy.

No blinds in the place where I live
Daybreak open your eyes
'Cause this was only ever meant to be for one night

I hadn't planned to come here and fall for anyone. I was just trying to keep my head down and get any sense of normality back I could, the last couple of years had been hectic. The best years of my life for sure, but also I had learnt so much about myself and the world around me. But I suppose life always finds ways to surprise you, at the times you were least expecting it.