8. Hello Again

Before I knew it, my first week in Cefalú was coming to a close. It was spent catching up with the rest of my family, eating delicious food and soaking up the sun. They say time flies by when you're having fun, and I couldn't help but agree. However, a distinct pair of hazel eyes never seemed to leave my mind.

For the past two days, I had helped my Nonna bake a batch of cakes for an order from Bella Vista. I was no chef, but after some of her training in the kitchen, I was feeling rather accomplished.

Gino was meant to be picking up the cakes this morning. But seeing as Nonna had left early so as to arrive at the market before any produce was sold, it meant, unfortunately for me, that any hope of a lie in was non-existent. I heaved myself out of bed and into the bathroom.

After a quick shower, I changed into a pair of ripped skinny jeans paired with a striped tee and threw my hair into a messy bun. I sauntered to the kitchen and just as I sat down to eat my toast, the front door bell sounded. Huffing at the fact that my hunger would have to be postponed, I trudged to the front door.

'Hi Gi...' I said opening the door, revealing someone who definitely wasn't the person I was expecting.

'Sofia?'

'Shawn?' I laughed, not believing my eyes. 'What're you doing here?' He was wearing a short-sleeve button up shirt, with a pair of jeans, and sunglasses, pushed back into his hair.

'I'm here to pick up the cakes from Rosa..... It all makes sense now, you're the granddaughter she's been telling me about.' He said his face forming a lazy grin.

'Only good things I hope,' I said turning to the kitchen where the cakes were stood.

'For me to know and for you to never find out.' He replied, a sly smirk on his face.

'So you've met my grandma before?' I asked, passing the cake boxes into shawn's arms.

'Yeah, quite a couple of times actually. When she comes into the cafè or when I pick up orders. She never ceases to make me smile.' He said. A smile appeared on his face as if he was recounting the memory.

'And I don't? Very offended.'

'What can I say? Rosa just has the charm.'

I placed the last cake box into his hands, and we walked to his car, bickering playfully.
I opened the boot with his key, and we began to place the cake boxes inside.

I admired the way that the sun seemed to illuminate his skin, that had most definitely caught a tan from the Cefalú summer. I admired the way that his hair, once perfectly in place, was beginning to fall on his forehead in curled strands. I admired the way that the muscles in his arms contracted as he held the boxes and I took them out of his arms. He must have been exceptionally strong, because I was struggling with holding one box at a time. There were virtually no gyms in Cefalú, so I wondered how he managed to stay in such good shape.

'Take a picture it lasts longer.' He smirked at my face that was now blushing.

'Who said I was looking at you? I was eyeing up what's underneath those boxes.' I said avoiding eye contact.

'Yeah, right Soph.'

Soph. Many people had called me Soph before. But none had ever sounded so good being spoken aloud.

I rolled my eyes, and when all the cakes were in, Shawn shut the boot.

It was then that the hunger I'd tried to suppress, made itself known. I mentally cursed myself, as the noise elicited a laugh from Shawn. God, his laugh.

He began to say confidently, 'What're you doing today? We can go grab some breakfast once these cakes are dropped off, if you want, seeing as your stomach seems to be in need of food?' His voice drifted off at the end, though, the confidence slowly diminishing. He shoved his hands in his pockets and tapped his foot lightly. I got the feeling he wasn't used to asking girls out to breakfast.

He was nervous.

I tried to suppress my excitement, but I couldn't help the smile that emerged on my face.  'I'd love to.'

---------------------------------------------

AN - I'm so sorry I haven't updated as quick as I would've liked to, life just gets in the way. It's my summer holidays in 2 weeks, and I'll have ages to write then, but this week has been pretty hectic. I hope you enjoy this chapter!!