19. I Have No Objections To That

I knew that whatever time Shawn and I did have, would be amazing. If we only had a summer, then so be it - but I'd damn make sure that I had no regrets and made the most of it.

Even though we weren't anything serious, I still felt like we needed to talk about what this was and see if he was on the same page as me. I hadn't experienced true heartbreak before, but I knew that it was a possibility with Shawn. My mum always told me, you knew you loved someone, when you try to imagine life without them, and you can't, because they've become such a large part of it, and it'd hurt if they left. And although I didn't love him yet, I didn't want to think about the end of summer. But as a big believer of, if it's meant to be, then it'll be, I had to leave my future in the hands of fate.

Being around Shawn, had my heart beating immensely, giddiness flowing through my veins, and a genuine smile firmly planted on my face. Even doing things I'd usually find boring, like chores, and running errands to buy shopping, became fun and exciting with him. I didn't even realise I was capable of feeling this way.

Shawn and I had spent the days after his surprise visit, mainly at Nonna's house. Bella Vista was getting quieter and Siena thought he had worked so hard, and deserved a well-earned break. So I had him all to myself for 3 days, and I couldn't have been any happier.

We went into town a couple of times, and to the market, where we messed around, and spent most of it either laughing till we were crying, or kissing until we couldn't breathe. That was one of my favourite things, that he could be so tender and caring with me, yet other times we could have banter and tease each other, of course, I love a bit of affection, but the fact that we spent time together because we enjoyed to be around each other, and not just because of physical things you can do when you're in a relationship, made it the perfect balance.

Shawn had unleashed a side of me I didn't even know existed. Usually, I was an over thinker - never one to live outside my comfort zone. But now, I felt alive, as if his smile and touch, had opened a vault that housed a slightly crazy element, wanting to do things that were the complete opposite to normal, and just live in the moment.

I thought remaining off my phone, a pact I decided on the plane journey over to Cefalú, would be difficult to stick with. The temptation of having a quick scroll through Instagram, would be too much. But I hadn't touched my phone, since our date. Obviously I rang my parents and Violet a few times so they didn't think I'd forgotten about them, but apart from that and taking pictures, it was left untouched.

The sound of the TV playing, pulled me out of my thoughts. As promised, Shawn and I were having a Harry Potter Marathon. We had already watched five and were on the sixth. My favourite was the second, Chamber of Secrets, but Shawn's was the third, Prisoner of Azkaban, so we spent at least ten minutes arguing our perspectives, but to no avail. However, something we both did agree on was our favourite character - Ron. He was my first ever childhood crush and my mum still liked to tease me, even now, about it.

The fact that we could discuss and argue about Harry Potter, showed we were both ourselves round each other, I mean, only my family knew about my massive crush on Ron, and now Shawn, which showed we were extremely comfortable with each other, and I knew I could trust him with anything. I didn't need to change or lie about myself to him, I could just be me, my weird, random, self.

My head was lying in Shawn's lap, his long, callused fingers running through and lovingly stroking my hair. How such a simple action could be so pleasurable and intimate, I would never understand.

I paused the film with the remote lying next to me, and looked directly up at Shawn, his fingers pausing their motion, a confused look on his face.

'Shawn, I've been meaning to ask you, when do you go home.'

His fingers began to play with my hair again, as he replied. 'Well I haven't actually bought a return ticket yet, as long as I'm home by October, because I have something I need to return for, but any time before then. I didn't want to set an actual date, in case I wanted to leave earlier by any chance, or in case, I had something, or someone,' He tapped the end of my nose, 'I wanted to stay longer for. When do you leave?'

'I go back on August 28th, because I need to do some shopping for university, if I get in.' Shawn cut me off, 'Which you will.' I gave him a smile and continued, 'I need to be at Uni, ideally a couple of days before Fresher's Week, meaning I'll go on September 8th.'

'Well how about I travel back with you?'

'How would that work? I thought it was a direct flight back to Canada?'

'Well, it is, but it's no inconvenience to me to get a connecting flight from London, if it means I get a couple more hours with you.' I blushed, not believing a man like this could have feelings for me, that I reciprocated for him.

'Are you sure?' I sat up, beginning to feel slightly bad for adding more hours onto his journey home - it was already a long flight as it was.

Shawn gathered my hands in his own, and squeezed them tightly as he looked me straight in the eye. '100%'

'Okay, it's a deal then.' A wide smile spread across my face.

'Go grab me your laptop Soph, and I'll book it now, then I can't change my mind.' He teased, and I did as he said, bringing it and placing it in front of him.

It didn't take very long to book his ticket, fortunately, there was space on the flight I was on. Even though I'd booked my ticket, I hadn't actually booked the specific seat, so it meant Shawn and I could have ours next to each other. It couldn't have worked out any better. That meant we had 23 days together, so just over 3 weeks, seeing as today, was August 5th.

He placed a kiss on my lips, his hands caressing the sides of my face.

'I don't want to talk anymore about leaving, we'll think about that when it's happening, I'm not wasting any of our precious time Miss Sofia Evans, talking about something so dreadful. Right now, I just want to kiss your beautiful face, so much, that I forget we are even leaving at all.'

'I have no objections to that.'

I leaned in, and our lips met, the start of the soft touch sent a strong feeling of familiar warmth spiraling through my system. His lips felt so gentle, so warm, my hands slid up his chest and encircled his neck, as the kiss began to grow heavy. I moved to straddle his hips, and Shawn's hand slid off my face and tightened around my waist. I knotted my fists in his shirt, pulling him harder against me, which elicited a groan, low in his throat. The feeling of kissing Shawn, would never get boring. Every time, something was slightly different, and it made me very excited for what was to come in the weeks we had left.

———————————————————————

AN - Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted for a while, I'm on holiday and have just been trying to adjust to the time zone, and also not spending too much time on my phone. This is a filler chapter, but it needed to happen, so as we all know how long they have left. Let's hope I can be like Sofia and have a summer romance on my holiday ahahahaha. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed, writing this has been a rollercoaster so far. But I'm so so so so excited for what's going to happening in the next like 4 chapters.