"I'm so sorry

That we're still stuck in the middle

I'm so sorry

'Cause the moment, I

I don't know what it's like to be you

I don't know what it's like but I'm dyeing too

If I can put myself in your shoes

Then I'll know what it's like to be you."

I see him again, and I can almost hear his voice in my ears. Kili. He's laughing and dancing around the camp fire. It was the most stupid thing I had ever seen, but I couldn't stop laughing when it had first happened. And even now, I chuckled lightly to myself. His face was tinged pink and the moon and fire highlighted his smile.

" Can I kiss ou at night?

'Cause I'm not really sure I know

What you want

Are you still mad at me?

I'm hopping not

'Cause maybe we could go to the movies

I know that always cheers us up."

I thought about the last time I had gone to see a movie, and then there it was in front of my face. I grabbed my mother's hand and gestured for the rest of the rest of my family to hurry up. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, raking them through the snow. I was ten at the time, and 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' had just come out. I had always been obsessed with stars, and wars were intriguing. A bunch of grown-ups fighting over the floor space with weapons of mass destruction. The ten year old continued to run towards the theater, wind biting at her little rosy cheeks. Although for some reason it didn't stop her from smiling. I hadn't smiled that genuinely in a long time, until I woke up here.

"Aye, I'm so sorry

That we're stuck in the middle

Yeah, I'm sorry

'Cause at the moment, I

I don't know what it's like to be you

I don't now what it's like but I'm dyeing to

If I can put myself in your shoes

Then I'll know what it's like to be you."

I thought about the conversation that was had at dinner. I wondered what it was like in the head of a dwarf. They were interesting creatures, and I was a curious one. The characters in front of me changed again to the dwarfs. I had a specific memory for every one of them, and they replayed over and over again. They were each unique and different in their own way.

" Tell me what's inside of your head?

No matter what you say, I won't leave you less

And I'll be lying if I said that Ido

I don't know what is's like to be you

I don't know what it's like to be you

I get worried

I might lose you a little

Every time we

Every time we argue

And get caught up in the moment."

Then a slightly younger version of myself ran across my vision. She held a surf board tight inter arms, walking towards the ocean. The sun was setting and the hues were breathtaking. I started wondering what this memory had to do with the song, until footsteps were heard behind me. I had now walked out the gates and was wondering the gardens, and looking towards the setting sun I kept singing.

"I don't know what it's like to be you

I don't know what it' like but I'm dyeing to

If I can put myself in your shoes

Then I'll know what it's like to be you

So tell me what's inside of your head?

No matter what you say, I won't love you less

And I'd be lying if I said that I do

I don know what it's like to be you

I don't know what it's like to be you

I don't know what it's like..."

I finished the song quietly, turning around to see who had followed me. Kili looked at me with a confused look in his big brown eyes. " What was that song?" He questioned softly, "It's called 'Like To Be You'. I think it's a duet, but I'm only one person so I made it work." He tilts his head,"If you could teach me, we could make it a duet...only if you wanted to. I-I mean if you are to busy with showing Ori how to read I understand that too.." He sheepishly tells me. I took a deep breath and plopped down into the soft grass. Patting the spot next to me, with a soft smile. he sits next to me, and I sing his part of the song. He repeated it after I finished and we sat there for a while. Just singing the song over and over again.

"What does this song mean?" He asks confused. "All of our songs tell stories, do yours?" I laugh lightly. " Um, some of them do. This one does in a way. I have no idea what it's like to be you, and I never will." I look away from him. "You are ok, right?" He takes my hand. By this point it was dark and I was thankful, because he couldn't see my blush. "Yeah, I am okay." His smirk was hardly visible in the dark. "I don't know what it's like to be you either, you know." I laugh at his remark.

"We should go..It's dark, the others will be worried soon." I whisper standing up. I take his hand pulling him with me. He hugs me tightly," Thank you for teaching me." I laughed and hugged him back. "Now we have a song we can always sing together!" I say pulling him back to the elvish castle.