Chapter 14-Melting the Snow

Beginne am Anfang

“What on earth is the matter?” she asked.

“What are you doing here? I thought you lived in our room.” I stated.

“I can be anywhere at any time. All you have to do is call me.” Sarah said.

“But I didn’t call you,” I sniffled.

“No, but I felt your intense pain.” She explained.

“Oh,” was all that would come out of my mouth.

“What happened? I know you came here with Rodney. Has he hurt you?”

What could I say back to that? Yes he hurt me. He left me…he left.

“Please!” Sarah hollered.

“He’s gone. He just left me. No note. No goodbye. Just like I am nothing to him,” I whimpered. Now I am getting angry. He brought me thousands of miles away from home and left my ass here alone. How could he be so attentive, so sweet, so generous just last night and then be as bold, brazen and cold as to leave like this? What if after he finished claiming me he decided he didn’t want me forever? What if he just went to get ice or something and met his real mate like what happened with Sarah. Oh, crap I forgot she is here and waiting for an answer.

“Sarah, I need to get home right away. He left me and maybe Dylan will still accept me and at least I won’t have to be completely alone for the rest of my life.”

“It doesn’t work like that I’m afraid. I thought I explained all of this to you,” she stated.

“Yeah, I know I will never love him or want him but if Dylan wants me and love me that will give me something to live for, right? That’s something; granted not what I want but if I can’t have what I want why not have something?” I pleaded with her to understand.

“You can’t do that Tiffany because you would not be Dylan’s exact mate. Then when he found her and he will because you have already been fully claimed and accepted to be Rodney’s exact mate. It will be worse than never having him at all.” As she said this she looked at me with a knowing eye. She understood the feelings that were coursing through me at the moment. Also, she knows how I am going to feel after the shock wears off.

“You will not end up like me. I know just what you are thinking and that’s why I am here. I promised to help you through this and I will. Do you realize what tomorrow is?” she kept talking I think because she knew I was too far gone for words. “Tomorrow is your birthday. Your very special birthday 19th. You will come into all of your authority in just a few short hours.” Sarah spoke with a softness of a mother trying to coax  a child into eating their vegies.

“Who gives a flying monkey butt what tomorrow is! Your promise sucked because here I stand mateless just like you! And just like you I have nothing to live for. I don’t plan on hanging around long enough to find out what this gonja crap is. I will be on your side of reality before my birthday.” I said every word as a threat. And I meant every syllable.

“NO YOU WILL NOT DO ANY SUCH THING!” She roared at me and the next thing I knew I was slammed against the wall half way off the ground to the ceiling. The scariest part was she was still standing all the way across the room from where I was held against the wall. Her see through hands never touched me. I knew she could touch me because she had helped me get ready for school that one day and had fixed my hair. But how did she have me pinned against the wall with just her anger? Must be some kind of paranormal thing I know nothing about. She slowly lowered me to the ground but refused to let me away from the wall.

I only stared at her with horrified eyes. She had always been so good, caring, and sweet to me. Not to mention helpful. I was utterly shocked at her violence.

===================================================

Each comment would be appreciated! TY