63 - Jealousy

*Shawn's POV*

"I can't believe that you're still dating her," Lauren exclaimed the second she got into my car and found out that I was going to be hanging out with Aurora later.

I snorted. "Did you think that this situation would've changed anything?" I ask whilst reversing out of the parking spot and beginning to drive to Lauren's house. The sooner I got there, the better. She was starting to drive me nuts.

She shrugged. "I thought that maybe you'd be more careful. Especially with the scare of you possibly having a child."

Rolling my eyes, I ignored her for the rest of the journey whilst she continue to chatter about how much of a bad idea it was me dating Aurora. I knew that, deep down, she was right. But I couldn't let her know that. I also sensed that she kept going on about this topic because, deep down, she was feeling a lot of jealousy that we weren't spending as much time as we used to.

After several minutes, we finally arrived at her house.

"Shawn, just be careful, okay? I don't want you to jeopardise your career for a teenage girl who probably doesn't even know what she wants," Lauren sighed, putting her hand on my thigh as she said it.

I nudged her hand off my leg and simply nodded. "Yeah, yeah, of course, Lauren. Goodbye."

Lauren shook her head, knowing that I hadn't absorbed a single word she had just said right then. "Fine. Bye," she muttered, getting out of the car with Bella who was napping in the back of my car the whole journey, oblivious to this whole situation.

-----

"Shawn, stop it," Aurora giggled as I repeatedly left pecks on her neck and jaw. "We were meant to be studying."

I pulled away. "And we are... Chemistry, remember?" I wiggled my eyebrows as I leaned back in again, getting swatted away by Aurora's hand.

"I'm gonna fail my finals," she whined, pouting slightly.

"Aurora, you haven't failed anything in your life," I laughed, leaning back on her bed instead.

"Well it's never too early to start. For all you know, I could fail all my finals and then you'd be proven wrong."

I rolled my eyes, grabbing one of her pillows and throwing it at her playfully. "We both know that won't happen."

The pillow hit the side of her head slightly, causing her to flop back on the bed next to me whilst laughing. "Maybe you're right but that doesn't mean I shouldn't study," she mumbled whilst burying her head into the crook of my neck, her hair tickling my face. My arm instinctively wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer.

"You could always take a break," I whispered, a slight smirk on my face as she looked up to look at me, a mischievous expression on her face. She leans in and her lips brush mine. Not innocently but passionately and demanding, it drove me crazy. Aurora pulled away slightly, readjusting herself and leaning against me, our foreheads resting against each others.

At that exact moment, we heard the jingle of keys in her front door, resulting in us instantly pulling away from each other to look less suspicious. I grabbed whatever textbook was closest to me and began reading it out to her as I heard the floorboards on the stairs creak.

"Oh hi, Shawn. I didn't know you were going to be tutoring Aurora today," her mum stated as she leaned against the doorway, watching Aurora sitting at her desk pretending to take notes on the things I had just read out.

I smiled politely. "Yeah, Aurora asked me if I could help her with her English, I hope you don't mind me being here when you weren't home? Aurora said she desperately needed help."

Her mother chuckled. "No, no, it's fine. But it's a beautiful day, why don't you two go outside to do some studying instead of sitting in this stuffy room all day?"

Aurora nodded. "Good idea. Let's go grab some coffee and then sit in the park down the road?" she suggested.

"Sounds good to me."

-----

We sat down on the grass in the far end of the park where no one could see us, our backs against the wire fencing. We had a pile of books stacked up between us with our iced coffees balancing dangerously on the top of the pile.

"I don't know if I've mentioned it before but Becca's planning her baby shower, should be coming up in a few weeks after finals," Aurora announced, looking into the distance as she said it.

"How are things between her and Geoff?"

She sighed. "Still pretty shit. I don't think it's going to work out between them which honestly kills me. I really didn't want Becca to end up as a single mum but I know that she's more than capable. Plus, I'll be helping her out, so who really needs a man?" she joked, finally turning her head to look at me, a grin on her face.

I gasped jokingly. "I guess I'm not needed here then," I whispered in mock sadness.

"Shawn," she giggled, taking my hand off of my lap. Normally, I wouldn't let her do this kind of thing in public but seeing as this area was desolate, it seemed safe. "You're the only man I need. Besides you, every other guy is unneeded for my happiness."

I couldn't help but feel my smile widening when she said that. "I love you."

"I love you, too," she chuckled, looking around quickly before leaning in to give me a peck on the lips once she was positive that it was just us in this corner of the park.