14 - Malibu Pt. 2

*Aurora's POV*

"You guys can spend the day doing whatever you like seeing as you're all probably tired from the long journey," one of the other teachers declared which gained lots of cheers and excited chatter from us. Most people were planning to go to the beach and I was one of them.

"Beach?" I asked Becca.

"Beach," she responded.

"Cool, lets go find our room and get changed," I suggested. This sweltering heat was starting to get to me as I was wearing such a thick jumper. Our room was easy enough to find as one of the teachers kept repeating our room numbers to all of us and now it was permanently engraved in my brain. 172. The room itself had 2 double beds, one for me and one for Becca, and was just a generic looking hotel room. Clean. Basic. Nothing special.

"What bikini should I wear?" asked Becca, holding up a floral two-piece bikini and a black swimsuit with cut outs on the sides.

"Hmmm... I'm feeling the floral," I responded honestly before whipping out the first bikini that was lying at the top of my suitcase. It was a plain black one-piece which I felt comfortable in.

"You're not wearing that are you? We literally went bikini shopping the other day and got so many nice ones! Where are they?" she questioned, sounding honestly shocked.

I rolled my eyes. "In my suitcase," I mumbled. She marched over to where I was standing and flung my suitcase open. She started tossing out my clothes until she found my nice bikinis at the very bottom. "Wear this," she commanded, handing me one of the sexier ones we bought when we were at the mall. It was a black two-piece. The bottoms were high waisted but with ladder cut-outs on either side. The top was also black with straps across the chest like one of those fancy bralettes.

"No way!" I exclaimed.

"Come on, Rora. You look great in it, I promise you that," she pleaded.

"But you know I'm uncomfortable about showing off that much skin," I groaned.

"Then wear a kimono. Please, Rora. Do it for me," she continued to beg.

"Fine," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Plus Shawn will love it," Becca winked before laughing her head off. I pushed her playfully before going to the bathroom to change. I could still hear her laughing when I was getting changed.

-----

"Ready?"

"Nope, nope, nopity nope," I mumbled, feeling so incredibly sick at the thought of walking out to gawking teenagers who I rarely speak to ... and Shawn.

"Just pretend you're confident, that's what I always do," she joked, handing me my cat-eye sunglasses which I put on before giving her a quick smile. I took my blonde hair out of its high ponytail and shook my head slightly so all of the hair tumbled past my shoulders and down my back. It was slightly wavy from the sea air even though we had only just got to Malibu. I decided to not wear a kimono seeing as it was scorching hot and I was already sweating at the thought of going out there.

"Let's go then," I grinned, grabbing my phone, heading downstairs and out to the private beach. As expected, all of the teachers and students were already on the beach. Playing volleyball; swimming in the pool next to the beach; swimming in the ocean and sunbathing on the sand and loungers. Becca linked arms with me whilst flashing me a quick smile as we walked down to the beach. Shawn was in deep conversation with one of the teachers with Tiffany and some of her other popular friends sat on the loungers next to him. That was to be expected seeing as he wasn't even wearing a shirt right now and so many girls were freaking out over his toned chest. Surprisingly, I wasn't freaking out at the sight as much as I did the first or second time so I was actually feeling rather confident.

"Urgh, I hate sand," groaned Becca loudly, causing most people who were lounging to turn around and see who said that. The attention quickly shifted from Becca to me. Her swimsuit was slightly more covered whilst I went all out, just as she had forced me to. Clearly, no one was expecting me to show off this much flesh, me included.

All of a sudden, Shawn laughed at something the teacher said before turning around to see what everyone was staring at. Our eyes locked and he smiled at me, beckoning me over with his eyes. I looked around for an empty lounger but of course there were none left so I turned to look at him again. He nodded slowly and his smile faded slightly.

"Hey Aurora," I heard a voice next to me say, causing me to break eye contact with Shawn and look at the person talking to me. Cody.

"Oh hey, Cody," I smiled, acting polite.

"I just wanted to let you know that you look great," he muttered, actually sounding kind of ... shy?

"Uhh ... thanks," I responded, rather confused.

"Do you wanna play volleyball with me and the guys?" he asked.

I shook my head politely. "I actually wanted to do some sunbathing today because I'm so tired. Sorry," I replied.

He grinned, "That's fine. Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, maybe," I replied and he nodded at me before leaving.

"Wow, Rora. Look at you pulling the one and only Cody Hawkings," Becca whistled, nudging my side with her elbow.

"Oh shush, you could easily 'pull' him if you wanted to."

She nodded. "True, but I prefer older men, aka Geoff," she winked. I chuckled. Of course she did. I turned back to look at Shawn but he was conversing with the other teacher again, instead Tiffany and her crew were giving me death glares. Of course they were. I rolled my eyes.

"Wanna sit on the sand somewhere and sunbathe?" I suggested to Becca.

"Sounds good to me."