54 - Fun Fair

*Aurora's POV*

"Are you SURE you're okay?" I asked my best friend anxiously. She was acting perfectly normal. Too normal. So normal that she even invited the boyfriend, who she was allegedly planning revenge on, to the fun fair with us. She even seemed excited and not at all salty. This was very strange.

She nodded enthusiastically. "I just got over it, you know?" Becca stated which made me raise an eyebrow. This definitely didn't sound like her.

I sighed. "Whatever you say," I responded, carefully doing my winged eye-liner as we spoke.

"Are you and Shawn excited?" she asked, trying on a pair of shoes from her closet before eventually deciding that she didn't like these ones that much.

"It's a mixture of excited and nervous. Obviously, we both like fun fairs but at the same time, after what had happened at my house, he's become really worried about us getting caught. I feel like he's going to be a little off, to be honest. I doubt that he's even going to hold my hand in public even though it's Toronto," I explained, tapping my fingers on Becca's dressing table.

"You seem nervous," she replied, slapping my tapping fingers. Whenever I got nervous, I  would always tap my fingers against something or bite my nails or something and Becca could always tell when that was.

"I guess I am," I chuckled.

-----

Beep. Beep.

"That must be Shawn," I say to Becca, peering out of her bedroom window. As expected, it was Shawn in his black Jeep with Geoff sat shotgun. We quickly hurry downstairs and out of the house, making our way to the car. 

"Hey ladies," Shawn says as we jump in the back.

"Hi Shawn," I giggle, leaning over and pecking him on the cheek whilst Becca also muttered her hello.

"Hey Becca," said Geoff, sounding incredibly casual.

"Hi Geoff," she replied with a tone that sounded ... very normal?

"Hey Aurora," Geoff smiled, looking at me through the rear-view mirror.

I raised an eyebrow and did up my seat belt, completely ignoring him. Becca might've forgiven him and started treating him exactly the same way as she did before but that doesn't mean that I will. I was pissed at him for treating my best friend like absolute shit and cheating on her. Shawn chuckled to himself before beginning to drive us to Toronto.

-----

*Shawn's POV*

The fun fair was absolutely packed with people from the moment we drove into the car park. So packed that we struggled to find a parking spot close to the entrance.  After almost 10 minutes of walking and almost half an hour in the queue to buy tickets, we finally entered the fun fair.

"What should we check out first?" Aurora asked me, holding my hand as crowds pushed past us. This was definitely a place where you were bound to get lost.

"How about the Ferris wheel?" I suggested, pointing over to it. It didn't have a very long queue as I guess it isn't as interesting as the rest of the attractions here.

She nodded and turned to Becca, who also nodded in agreement. I turned to where Geoff was standing only to find that he was no longer standing there. "Where did Geoff go?" I questioned, thinking that perhaps he got lost already.

"He walked off when you guys were looking at the Ferris wheel," Becca replied flatly.

"Are you actually kidding me?" Aurora replied, sounding angry.

I shrugged. "Girls, don't worry about it. It just means that he's not getting a lift back to Pickering if he's acting like such a dick." 

"Let's just forget about him and actually enjoy ourselves," Aurora announced, trying to sound positive although I knew that she was absolutely furious. A fun fair really isn't a place that you go with 3 people. Most of the rides seat 2 people in a carriage so that meant that one of us was going to sit alone or not go on it. Of course I wasn't going to let Becca miss out so if need be then I'd be that person.

-----

"Do you know what really pisses me off about the way Geoff acted today?" I say to Aurora as we reach the top of the Ferris wheel.

"What?" she asks, tearing away from the breathtaking view to face me.

"I hate how Geoff just took off like that, not giving a second thought to any of us, including me. I was meant to be his best friend but he literally abandoned us. It was his own fault that he cheated on Becca, no one else's yet both of us are being dragged into the mess that is their relationship. The four of us were meant to have a cute little double date but instead, we're all thinking about how shitty Geoff is and the evening has just been ruined, to be honest. I thought me and my girl were going to spend a carefree day out in Toronto but I can't help worrying about how Becca is feeling. I don't want her to feel left out or like a third-wheel and it's all Geoff's fault," I ranted.

Aurora rested her head on my shoulder. "That's true but at least we're here together right now. Sure, it's not ideal how tonight turned out but I feel like we're making the most of a bad situation."

I sighed. "Agreed. Fuck, I'm not even that close to Becca but knowing that she's sat alone in the carriage behind us and sees us being all happy and that makes me feel really sorry for her."

Aurora smiled at me. "I love how you're so caring, Shawn."

-----

After the Ferris wheel, we decided to sit down and eat some hot dogs and chips because going on all of those rides made us feel exhausted.

"Is there anything else we need to check out?" Becca asked, yawning slightly.

"No, I think we've been on everyth-" I begin to say before I stop as I see a man standing behind Becca. My eyes widen slightly. Geoff. Both Aurora and Becca look at me with confused expressions before they turn around and see Geoff behind them.

"What are you doing here?" snapped Aurora, glaring at him as if he was her worst enemy.

"I'm sorry for running off like that but I really had to," Geoff explained, slouching down on the seat next to me.

Aurora snorted. "What to see your new girlfriend? Samantha is it?"

Geoff rolled his eyes. "Becca has come to terms with it so I don't understand why you're still so hostile towards me."

"Because you treated her horribly, Geoff! And then you run off when we turn the other way instead of acting like a man and saying that you're here to meet your new girlfriend or something! You act like such a coward!" Aurora snaps.

"Okay, guys. Calm down," I say. Aurora definitely wasn't holding back from insulting Geoff and Geoff looked frustrated as fuck.

"Shawn, we literally can't let him get away with this! He treats my best friend like shit and then he treats all of us like shit. Who does he think he is?"

"I'm pregnant," Becca gabbles all of a sudden, stunning us all into complete silence.

"What?!" I gasp, turning to Geoff who looked equally as shocked but also very, very guilty.