17 - The Final Party

*Aurora's POV*

"Are you kidding? Of course we're going to the party!" exclaimed Becca. Just as I was expecting, she obviously wanted to go.

"It's just a bit shady, like what if we get caught?" I mumbled, rolling over on my bed to face Becca who was sitting cross-legged on her bed whilst texting someone. Most likely Geoff.

"We won't get caught," she responded, rolling her eyes. "Stop acting so scared, all the teachers are gonna be asleep anyway." The plan was that at midnight on our final 'normal' night, also known as tonight, we would all sneak out to the private beach as all of the teachers would be in their rooms by then and conveniently, all of their rooms are on the other side of the hotel so they wouldn't even see or hear us. Some of the guys have somehow snuck alcohol into their suitcases so according to Cody, there was enough to go around. Everyone on the trip was going.

It was currently 9:15pm and from what the group chat told us, everyone was in their rooms, pretending to get ready for bed. In reality, they were getting ready for the party.

"What are you gonna wear then because I literally have nothing to wear?" I asked.

"Just a sundress," she muttered, throwing her phone down on the pillow and walking over to her suitcase to show it off. Plain, black sundress. Cute. "What about you?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Honestly, I didn't bring anything 'party-ish' at all."

"I HAVE THE PERFECT THING FOR YOU!" she squealed all of a sudden, she started scrambling frantically in her suitcase until she pulled out a long black, chiffon maxi-skirt with a slit in the side. "Put this on with your black bikini top and you will look fucking amazing!" She commanded, handing it to me. Guess I was wearing this then. I chuckled to myself and headed to the bathroom where I got changed. I have to say, I did look really good. Becca always had good fashion sense so I'm not surprised that anything she picked out looked great. I left the bathroom to show off my outfit to her. "How do I look?" I asked, posing slightly with an ironic duck face.

She burst out laughing, "Great, obviously. Now it's time for make-up!"

-----

"What time is it?" I whispered into my best friend's ear. We were currently stood in the corridor of our hotel floor. It was pitch black seeing as they weren't really expecting any of the guests to leave their rooms at this time.

"11:58. Cody said some people are already there," she responded, grabbing my arm and pulling me down the corridor with her, her phone screen illuminating the floor in front of us.

-----

"What's up, Aurora!" Cody exclaimed, holding a red solo cup in his left hand filled with probably some kind of alcohol. He lifted up his right hand to high-five me which I did.

"Hey," I chuckled.

"Want a drink?" he asked.

"Uhhh... well-" I started.

"She'd love one. And so would I," Becca stepped in, grinning slightly at Cody. He blinked. "Okay, sure. Hold my drink while I go and get them?" he asked, handing her his red solo cup. Before he could even turn around, she was already downing the alcohol in the cup.

"Becca!" I exclaimed before laughing my head off.

"What?! I'm nervous that we'll get caught sooo I need some alcohol to take my mind off of it," she pouted, making me laugh even harder because that was such a lie. Someone brought a boom box onto the beach and was playing some hip-hop music that I had never heard of in my life. Still, some people were dancing. And by dancing, I meant Tiffany was twerking on one of the jocks. Why am I not surprised?

"Did you see what she's doi-" I began, turning around to face Becca whilst saying it but she was gone. I didn't take it personally as she often disappeared like that, no matter who she was around. I simply chuckled to myself and continued to observe my peers 'dancing'.

"Here's your drink," Cody said as he walked over to me. I mumbled a 'thanks' and took a sip. Whatever was in that cup was very, VERY strong. Stronger than anything I was used to.

"What is this?" I asked, coughing slightly as it was burning my insides.

"Vodka ... with some coke," he shrugged, downing his with no problem.

"More like 1% of coke with 99% of vodka," I joked, taking another small sip. I didn't want to get too drunk at this party just in case one of the teachers did find out but I feel like this was going to be a difficult task. We stood together for a few minutes in silence as it was too difficult to talk anyway with the loud, blaring hip-hop music playing in the background. Suddenly, he shouted over the music "Wanna dance?" I felt too awkward to say no so I simply nodded, taking my drink with me and heading to the main area where people were dancing.

Awkwardly, I bopped to the music, mimicking the dancing of the other people around me and what Cody was doing. You could hardly dance with someone to music like this. It was too fast and jumpy. I finished my drink, feeling the alcohol start to kick in and my inhibitions slipping away from me slowly until I completely lost control of what I was doing and became the typical drunk person - noisy, fun, attention-seeking, completely unlike myself.

Cody put his hands on my waist, slowly coming closer and closer towards me until we were basically dancing up against each other.

*Becca's POV*

This party was starting to get incredibly boring, especially since I had a boyfriend and there was no way of me making out with someone without seeming like a complete slut. I stood with my solo cup filled with beer and looked at the people dancing. Cody seemed to be getting on with a blonde, grinding on some girl that I didn't recognise, at least not in this light as I couldn't see her face properly.

Wait...

Is that...?

No, it can't be.

AURORA!

My jaw dropped. Good for her, although jocks didn't seem like her type to be completely honest. I chuckled to myself, whipping out my phone from my dress pocket and taking a quick video. She'd love to see this when she's completely sober. I continued to observe their dancing, giggling to myself. Drunk Aurora was definitely my spirit animal.

Suddenly, Cody and Aurora's lips crashed together and they were making out, surrounded by people who soon realised and started cheering.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?" A voice yelled from behind us. Everyone jumped at the sudden noise and turned around to see who it was, even Aurora and Cody.

Fuck, it was Mr Mendes.