29 - Sign Ups

*Aurora's POV*

Soon the afternoon turned to night and it was time to head back to the hotel rooms.

"So how many rooms did you get Becca?" I asked my friend as we trudged to the lift.

"Two."

"Oh but I only saw one bed in my room when I went to put my bag down. That's okay though we can share the bed, Becca, I don't mind," I responded nonchalantly.

She stopped in her tracks. "Aurora, you're sharing a room with Shawn, not me," she explained.

"Oh," was the only word that left my mouth. We had never slept in the same bed together and this seemed like a quite big step. I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it though so I just laughed off my mistake and accepted that I'd be sharing the room with Shawn.

"Night guys, have fun," Becca said to me and Shawn before winking and entering her room with Geoff which was conveniently placed next to ours. Blushing, I unlocked the door and entered our room. There was a weird awkward vibe once the door shut and we realised that we were alone, it definitely wasn't something that I was used to.

I perched on the end of the bed, looking around at what Shawn was doing. He seemed more relaxed and grabbed the TV remote before collapsing on the bed, making me almost fall off.

"Aurora, stop being awkward and come here," Shawn chuckled opening his arms out.

"I'm just an awkward person, you should know that by now," I smiled shyly and came over to where he was lying, almost instantaneously he wrapped his arms round me and flicked through the TV channels. As per usual, there was nothing on TV so he ended up turning Netflix on.

"What do you wanna watch?" he asked, quickly flipping through the different shows and movies.

"How about Grey's?" I suggested knowing that it was a show that we both liked to watch. He nodded in agreement before finding 'Grey's Anatomy' in the list and pressing play.

-----

Yawning, I checked the time on my phone.

1:29am.

"I'm gonna go get ready for bed," I said to Shawn who was currently scrolling through Twitter as the episode we were watching had just finished.

"Yeah, I'm gonna have a shower when you're done in the bathroom so don't take too long," he muttered.

"No promises," I grinned, pecking him on the cheek before going to the bathroom. I wasn't really the type of person that took showers before bed so I simply got changed into a black oversized t-shirt and some shorts, took my makeup off and brushed my teeth. I then returned to the bed but this time jumped right in under the covers whilst Shawn went to take a shower.

For some reason, my heart was beating incredibly fast as if I had just ran a marathon. Why was I so nervous about sleeping in the same bed as him? I tried to take my mind off of it and fall asleep as quickly as possible, preferably before he came back into bed but I failed miserably and ended up still being awake when he hopped into bed beside me. I could feel him moving around trying to get comfortable on the bed before he ended up extending his arm out putting it round my waist. He shuffled closer to me and ended up spooning me.

"Good night," he whispered, unsure whether I was awake or asleep.

"Night Shawn," I whispered back, carefully placing my hand on top of his and falling fast asleep.

-----

It was the very next day and we decided to go skiing. Thankfully all of us (apparently) knew how to ski. Whether we actually did we'd soon find out.

Becca and I sat on the ski lift which was mid-way taking us to the top of the ski slope whilst Shawn and Geoff were in the one behind us.

"So did you two fuck last night?" She asked out of the blue.

My eyes widened at the question. "No!" I responded, sounding shocked. A moment later, curiosity got the better of me and I asked "What about you and Geoff?"

She shook her head before chuckling, "Nah, he collapsed on the bed and fell asleep before we had the chance."

I laughed, she sounded extremely disappointed. Before we knew it, we had reached the top of the ski slope and had to wait till it was our turn to use it.

"Hey, look Becca," I said pointing to the cafe at the top of the mountain where skiers could buy warm drinks.

"What about it?" She asked, confused as to why I was pointing out a wooden cabin when there were plentiful of them here.

"There's a poster about an open mic night. Shawn said he wanted to take part in one of them when we were in Toronto," I told my friend.

"He should sign up. I know that Geoff has been telling me that he's into that kind of thing to. Whether he's actually a good singer is beyond me because I've never heard him sing," she joked.

"Hey girls, what's up?" Shawn asked when him and Geoff ended up joining the queue behind us.

"There's a poster about an open mic night tonight. You should sign up," I suggested. He looked taken aback by the idea but Geoff seemed keen.

"I don't have my guitar here though, Rora," he responded.

"I'm sure they'd give you one. They can't expect people to bring their own keyboards up the ski slope, can they?"

"Shawn, let's do it," Geoff added, sounding genuinely excited. At first Shawn tried to talk his way out of it, saying that he wasn't prepared but all three of us knew that he was only trying to make excuses. After a good 15 minutes of pleading in the queue, he finally gave in and Geoff went to sign them up.

"You'll do great, I just know it," I said to Shawn, trying to be supportive.