25 - Double Date Plans

*Aurora's POV*

"Who's this, Shawn?" I asked, sensing that she didn't like me by the way she looked me up and down. The name Melanie rang a bell but I couldn't think of who she was exactly.

"Shawn and I hook up from time to time," she declared. 

"Used to," he responded, gritting his teeth. "Last time I checked, I said that I never want to see you ever again."

"Shawn, hunny, I'm only messing with you," she laughed however it seemed more fake than genuine.

I'm not surprised that Shawn hooked up with her because she was actually so pretty. She had long flowing platinum blonde hair that went all the way down to her waist, a curvy figure and tanned skin. Even now she was dressed incredibly in a tight fitting black mini dress, red stiletto heels and a black faux fur coat. Honestly, it made me feel bad about myself knowing that he used to date and hook up with a girl like that.

"Well it was nice seeing you but we have to go," Shawn replied, also faking a smile as he grabbed hold of my hand and was about to pull me away.

"Oh! Is this your girlfriend? Aw how cute!" she gushed patronisingly as if I was a toddler and not an adult. She genuinely reminded me of the popular girls at school like Tiffany who thought that they were better than everyone else.

"Yeah, she is. Sorry Melanie but we really have to go now. Bye," he gabbled, walking away before she had the chance to continue the conversation. He dragged me along with him and let out a sigh of relief once we had walked down the pavement a bit more. I stayed silent, for the first time ever not having anything to say to Shawn.

We walked in silence for a few minutes, our fingers still intertwined. Shawn broke the silence after a while by saying "Are you mad at me?"

I shook my head. "No. Not at all," I said quickly, "I guess I never expected to meet her and I'm kinda overwhelmed."

He squeezed my hand slightly. "Trust me, Aurora. I said I wouldn't lie to you and you best believe that I'm definitely not when I say that the last time I saw her was before Malibu."

"I believe you, Shawn. I promise," I responded truthfully.

All of a sudden, Shawn stopped in his tracks in the middle of the pavement. I looked back at him, confused. "What's up?" I asked.

"I just wanted to say that I'm so glad I'm done with her because it was genuinely such a toxic relationship ... and ... I'm really glad that I met you," he muttered, kind of shyly. He blushed slightly as he said it which made me melt knowing that he felt nervous to tell me that.

"I'm really glad that I met you too," I replied, unable to hide the massive grin on my face.

Shawn leaned in and gently pecked me on the lips rather cautiously as we were out in the open. The kiss was short but sweet, his lips slightly chapped from the cold spring wind in Toronto. He smiled to himself and we continued to walk back to the after party hand in hand.

-----

"How did the studying go?" my mother said to me the second I sat down at the table, trying to hide the smile on my face.

"It was good," I responded nonchalantly, fiddling with my fingers under the table. I was hoping that she wasn't going to ask me any more about what we had 'studied' because I had no clue what to tell her.

"Aurora, tell me, do you know if that Mr Mendes has a girlfriend? Because if he doesn't then maybe I should introduce myself to him," one of my mum's friends joked. I smiled politely although inside I longed to tell her that I was his girlfriend. Instead, I just shrugged and that was the end of all the conversations about Shawn that evening.

-----

It was 11 o'clock by the time I had gotten home and I was exhausted. Collapsing on my bed, I checked my phone as I hadn't had the chance to at all that day. Of course, I had some texts from Becca, one of which ominously read 'Call me as soon as you can.' Curious, I found her name in my contacts list and rang her. The phone rang a few times and then she picked up the phone.

"About time!" she exclaimed, making me chuckle.

"Sorry, sorry. I only just got home. What's up?" I asked, removing the make-up from my face at the same time as we talked.

"I was thinking, now that we both have boyfriends we should all go do something together," Becca suggested.

"Like a double date?"

"Yeah, exactly. Would you and Shawn be down for that?"

"I mean, I'd have to ask but Shawn and Geoff are friends so I don't see why not. What were you thinking? Maybe we could go to the cinema or bowling or something?" I proposed.

"Nah, I've already thought about what we could do. My dad's new girlfriend partially owns a hotel in Lake Louise and it's the perfect season for skiing plus the scenery is so beautiful. Maybe we could go for spring break? That's only, like, 3 weeks away?" 

My eyes widened slightly when she told me that. It would definitely be an amazing getaway but there's no chance my mum would agree. Unless I lied.

"How would I explain it to my mum though?" I questioned.

"Just say that Becca and her family are going to Lake Louise for spring break and there's a spare bed in Becca's hotel room so her family are wondering whether you'd like to come. My mum knows that I want to go to Lake Louise with you but she doesn't know that I'm inviting Geoff so if your mum called my mum then she'd also help persuade your mum without revealing that we're taking our boyfriends along too."

It seemed like a risky plan but honestly, what could go wrong? No one would see us and they would never find out.

"Okay, I'm in."