Epilouge

"You know," Oscar began to say as he laid in bed. I turned away from my painting and looked at him, "how you lost that painting a few months ago."

I lost a painting? I've been painting for the last few years as a hobbit. Oscar introduced it to me after a panic attack the first day of college. He put me into Art Therapy and since then I've been painting.

Nothing realistic. Just flashes of color of how I'm feeling. A mosaic I like to say.

"Yeah," It was of Oscar, more like the colors he represents, but whatever, "what about it?"

"So it was never lost." Oscar said putting down his book, looking over at me with a sheepish smile. "I sorta maybe entered it into an art competition where the winner gets their piece on a feature in an art museum."

I looked at him confused.

Why is he talking about an art competition and my-

"You didn't." He couldn't have, that piece was crap! "Oscar, you're fucking joking. Please tell me it's not too late to take it back."

"It's too late to take it back."

"Oscar!" Oh no, people are going to see my crappy art work. They're gonna judge me and fucking rate my piece as if I care what they have to think. "Where is it?"

"In a museum." Oscar said standing up. "Cole, your piece was amazing. It killed me to see it just be put into the garage for storage."

Oscar is joking.

"Oscar." I said feeling the anger and fury wash through me. "You're fucking joking, right?"

"Nope!" Oscar said with a laugh, scratching behind his head. "And we're going to go see it, today. Happy birthday!"

It's not my birthday. "What day is it?"

"The 28th of February, you didn't seriously forget your birthday." Oscar said shaking his head with a smile. "So, go get ready and let's go."

Since high school, Oscar would occasionally go to AA meetings. He's better now. But I still sometimes have to keep an eyes on his drinking. He gotten into writing.

"Oscar, I'm not going."

"Why not?"

"Because that art piece was crap and I was painting that when we were intimate." I said with a blush and turned away from Oscar.

He kept on kissing me when I was trying to focus on painting and he was suck-

Fuck, Oscar. My face turned red just thinking about it.

"Okay, and?" Oscar asked walking behind me and licked my earlobe. I shuttered and cringed when the paint brush danced across the canvas. "I thought it was beautiful."

That hurts my ear. "You're too close."

But the deep rumble of his voice sounded so nice, I could melt.

"I'm not." He said kissing my neck. "I loved your piece, okay? It was amazing."

"It wasn't."

"Don't self-deprecate. We're going to this museum and we're going to see this master piece and you're going to admire the other art pieces there." Oscar said turning me around. "Yes or no."

I looked from his pink lips to his green eyes. "Yes."

He kissed my lips, making me forget all about my insecurities.

"You're going."

So we went. Anxiety weighed on my chest as we walked in. I could see Oscar occasionally tense up when my grip got to hard.

"Sorry." I said blushing. Oscar shook his head and kept walking to the location. I sighed and stared at the different abstract pieces that were there.

They were so much better than mine.

We stopped in front of mine.

It was a fight between light and dark. Pleasure and desire versus innocence and control.

"It's beautiful." I heard people around us say.

They like it?

"Oscar." I said looking down at him, after 4 years, he's still so short.

"Yes, Cole?" He asked looking up at me. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his body. His arms wrapped themselves around my neck.

"You're possibly the best thing to ever happen to me." I whispered into his ear. "Thank you."

"I owe you a lifetime."

"Two lifetimes, you mean."