Chapter 8

"I've got scars even though they can't always be seen
And pain gets hard, but now you're here and I don't feel a thing."
~If I Could Fly by One Direction
~~~~~~~~~~~~

My shoes.

I only have four pairs of shoes and one of the most important ones are ruined.

Ruined!

Peed on!

Shitted on!

One party was responsible.

"Freddie!" I felt myself yelling. The dog looked up at me with a giant smile. "You peed and pooped on my converse!"

Freddie wagged his tail and barked. As if he was telling me, "Did I?"

"Yes! You did! You peed on one of my only shoes!" My head was staring to hurt because of how angry I was.

"Welp, you should have taken me out." I felt like Freddie barked back. This stupid dog.

"No! You do not get to put the blame on me! I was out with a friend, there is a doggie door! We put that there for a reason!"

"Welp, I'm a bit stupid in the head, how was I supposed to know?" Freddie barked and it felt so real.

"Because we fucking trained you! Freddie, I am officially mad at you!" I yelled taking ruined shoes, throwing them into the trash can and threw myself on the couch.

A whining emerged from on top of me. "Please forgive me." Freddie said with a stupidly cute pouty face.

"No. You ruined my only shoes that are converse and tried to put the blame on me, I am not forgiving you." I muttered, carrying him off of me. Freddie only climbed back and started to kiss my stomach.

"I'm really sorry." He whimpered.

I opened my eyes and saw Freddie's doofus face above mine. His big floppy ears falling into his face and his tongue dripping saliva onto my shirt.

He's so cute!

"Just because you pull that cute face on me, doesn't mean anything Freddie. So may as well go away. I mean-"

"Honey, stop talking to the dog and do your homework." Mom said with a disapproving look as she walked through the front door. "Don't you have work?"

"Nope. They gave me the day off since nobody was there." I explained looking up at her dressed in sweats and a tank top. "You're very relaxed coming from work."

"I didn't go to work. There was a teacher strike so they cancelled school." She explained plopping down on the couch cushion furthest away but closest to the door. "I went to the gym for the first time in forever."

I dramatically gasped, "the gym? That terrible place that is almost as bad as school?"

Mom laughed and slapped my foot playfully. "You're such an idiot. But no, it's not that bad. I mainly stayed inside the indoor pool they have. It's relaxing and I was able to do some laps."

She loves to swim. I'm convinced if I wasn't born, she'd be an Olympic champion. She was actually training to be one but then got prego with me, her and dad had issues so she had to take care of me, the divorce and now she's an English professor.

"That's nice. You can work to be a life guard." I said sitting up and the put the dog down. Freddie looked up at me before walking over to his bed.