Chapter 5

"I want to taste her lips
Yeah, 'cause they taste like you
I want to drown myself
In a bottle of her perfume
I want her long blonde hair
I want her magic touch
Yeah, 'cause maybe then
You'd want me just as much"
~Girl Crush by Little Big Town
~~~~~~~~~~

"What?" Mom screamed into my face. I scooted ten feet away from her but that only made her wrap her arms around me and squeeze me just has hard.

Mom was still being cautious since yesterday, not with me, just of her passive aggressive comments towards Dad. I heard the door slam the second before I fell asleep. Mom was out to get him.

My anxiety started to kick in as she squeezed me and I pushed her away, putting my hands on my knees to try and even out my breathing. It felt like my heart is being squeezed and I can't even breath anymore.

Hate when this happens because of the simplest stuff.

"I'm sorry, I forgot you don't like that." Mom said with a sad look on her face. I gave her a weak smile, struggled to stand up but shook my head when I was upright.

"I-I'm fine, okay?" I lied. My lungs burned in my chest as I tried to breath in and out.

She's your mom. You love her.

"Well, I just wanted to say how happy I am! I've been waiting for you to ask me to go to a high school party since you started high school! And now you are, it took a while but that's fine! Really! I'm so happy! Get ready for a picture!"

I can't wait to leave.

Mom pulled out her old camera that she refuses to give away and buy a new one. She says the new ones have to many buttons.

She took a picture of my face and smiled at the picture.

"There's a chance that there's drugs and alcohol at the party." I admitted.

"Okay, and? Just don't take the drugs or drink the alcohol." Mom simply stated.

"And if I get peer pressured?"

"Don't." Is she serious?

"Mom."

"Call me when you're heading home so I can unlock the door." She said observing my new outfit one last time. It was just a black long sleeve v-neck and black skinny fit jeans, leather jacket, but instead of all black converse, I'm wearing all black boots.

It's a step up.

My sorta long hair was pinned back with bobby pins with some still managed to get on my face.

"Mom," I said turning around and held out my hand, "I can't drive without the keys."

"Don't drink and drive." She said handing me the keys.

"So I can drink." A smirk crawled onto my face as my mom scowled.

"Funny and if you get to tired to drive, don't even try it, just sleepover or sleep in the car." She said pushing me out of the house and locking the door. Rolling my eyes, I fiddled with the long cross necklace that was around my neck and hidden in my shirt.

The drive to the party was filled with country music, I was to lazy to change it and the songs were good.

Girl Crush was playing on the radio. As I pulled into his house, I saw lights flashing from the inside and a few couples hanging outside, making out. All of them were two boys making out. But it's fine.

I'm not homoerotic or anything. It's not like I discriminate somebody because they're gay.

But then why am I so flustered? Probably because of the PDA.