Chapter 10

"It's too cold outside,
For angels to fly, for angels to fly."
~Ed Sheeran, A Team
~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sitting here." I sang to Freddie. "Doing nothing. Should I do something? No, nothing can be done, anywhere."

I suck at rhyming. Mom was gone. Dad, I'm annoyed at. Oscar, I've been spending to much time with him.

And I have no friends.

Absolutely none other I guess Oscar.

So what do I do?

Getting up, I grabbed the leash that was typed to my bed and put it on Freddie.

"We're going for a walk." I said grabbing a few plastic grocery bags from the kitchen to act as poop bags and put them inside my torn up Jansport backpack, along with my notebook, homework and writing materials.

Freddie barked, his body wiggling side to side as we exited the house, water bottles in my hand.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked the growing pup, he used to be up to a bit above my ankles but now he's growing and is halfway between my ankle and my knees.

He's growing up so fast.

But he's so adorable!

"Let's go get some food." I imagined Freddie would say.

"I agree." I muttered under my breath and looked around, watching as people passed by. They didn't give me a second look but awed when they saw Freddie.

People love dogs.

The weather was beautiful this time of year, autumn or more like the beginning of it. Summer seems to take a long time making winter go by twice as slow.

The leaves fell from the trees as I walked past them, Freddie happily walked in front of me, making sure the path was clear.

He barked at the falling tree and then continued to walk.

He started to sniff every dog that past and it seemed as though he was flirting with them somehow.

Dogs are weird.

Freddie turned around and looked at me for a few seconds before turning back around and kept on walking.

Definitely weird.

I looked down at my outfit and wondered if I should get more clothes. So far I'm wearing one of my eight outfits, two for each seasons.

This was my fall outfit which consisted of a burgundy tight muscle t that outline my body, which wasn't much to begin with, and my beige skinny fit jeans.

As I walked down the street to a local dog friendly coffee shop, I wondered about what Oscar was doing.

I mean, he has a concussion so I'm guessing there isn't much he can do. Then again, he did throw a party, so I mean, he's Oscar.

But I'm supposed to help him with his grades, mine are okay, just low 90s even though I wish they were higher. My worst grade is an 89.56, which in my school technically makes it an A but it's still really close to a B.

If I want to get out of here, I have to be making all As.

"Welcome! What can I make for you guys today? We have doggie cakes and ice creams..." the server went on explaining. I looked at the variety of foods being offered behind the counter and up at the menu that was above the server.

"I'll just have a iced coffee and a delicious doggie delight cake for me and a coffee bun for the dog." I said without thinking about what I was saying first. "Wait-I mean-"