Chapter 1

"Religion is not black or white, it is neither good nor evil, it is grey a very rainbow grey."
~Me!!!
~~~~~~~~~~

"You're going to go over to your dad's today, right. Cole?" Mom asked as she packed her bag for work. She was a professor for English and a very good one. When she writes, she's able to put her readers into her story.

She looks the part to, with brown shoulder length hair that she likes to tight up with only a pencil and dark blue eyes that her and I both share. She's dark skinned like me as well. Her being mixed between black and white and me being mixed with Latino because of my dad being Puerto Rican.

"Yeah, he wants to show me something. I bet it's a dog because he asked me earlier what type of dog was my favorite, which he should have known since I've been obsessed with them forever now, but whatever." I said finishing up the cereal I was eating and looked at the time, 6:30. "I have to get going."

"Okay, stay safe." Mom said flipping her hair out of her face, she was probably looking for a pencil or something.

She's weird, she looses practically everything.

"Oh yeah, mom we're having a school field trip and I was wondering if I could not go." I called out from the bathroom. "The principal is calling the parents tonight about it."

Mom walked over to the bathroom, her heels clicking against the floor.

"You don't want to go?" She asked looking at me from the mirror. I spit out the water and whipped my face.

"Yeah. It's boring, they're going to the planetarium," I lied as I threw on my backpack, "besides, I go practically every weekend and afternoon since I work there, so why pay for it?"

"Honey, you should invite some friends over for your birthday party." Mom said, following me to the kitchen where I tried to find my keys.

"When's that again?" I asked forgetting my birthday. Mom ruffled my already messy but wet light brown with blonde highlights straight hair and shook her head.

"In two weeks, just try to invite some friends okay? It can be anybody, boys or girls."

"But why?" I can tell she was worried about me but why is she so concerned with my lack of friends?

"Because kids your age are usually out hanging out with friends Friday and Saturday night but you're reading or writing in your song notebook." She said turning me around, her free hand dangled my keys. Before I could reach over and get them, she hid them behind her so it was out of my reach.

"Mom." I groaned looking at the time, 6:46, "I'm going to be late."

"I'm just worried about you, okay? Promise me you'll try to make friends or if you do have them, invite them to your party."

I looked into her doe eyes and sighed. "I promise." Lie. But it was what she wanted to hear.

"Okay, good. Now get! Don't forget to go to your dad's after school and tell that bast-man that I need the child support." Mom called as I walked out the door. Rolling my eyes I hopped into my small car and drove off to school.

I don't know how Mom expects me to make friends in a span of two weeks. Then again, there are always Jermey and Kian. But we don't really talk anymore, not since freshman year.

Parking at my usual parking spot I looked in front of me, speaking of the devils, Jeremy and kian were in front of me.

Jeremy has a pickup truck now and is on the football team like I use to be on and baseball and wrestling. We all use to go to practice together, just running.