Chapter 3

Recap: Cole is assigned a school project which involves photography, on his way from taking pictures he sees Oscar's skateboard. Cole returns the skateboard to Oscar but he begins to feel panicked and soon has an episode where he remembers his attack. Oscar asked Cole who Derek is but Cole doesn't speak and in the end Cole sleeps over at Oscar's house. He learns two things:
1-Oscar is very out spoken
2-Oscar's parents didn't come home that night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I love you more and more each time,
You slammed the door.
My bloody knuckles knocking on it earned a bruise.
But I love you less and less as my love turned to loneliness.
And I'd already lost what I was afraid to lose,
Now,
I'm in love without you."
~In Love Without You by Finneas

~~~~~~

"You're turning into a real rebel, aren't you?" Mom joked when I walked into the house. Without looking up from my phone, I walked over to the fridge and pulled out all the ingredients to make a grilled cheese with spinach and Johnny's garlic powder.

"What do you mean?" I asked after finishing my text with all my pictures to Issac. He's done almost half of his half of the list and all of them look so good.

Sure, some of them were made out of smoke and skateboards but with the sun the background and a bunch of other factors, he made a non-collinear line out of smoke.

"Well, first you go out driving super late-"

"To dad's house."

"Then you come home super late-"

"Duty called."

"And then you slept over at a friends house on a weekday, out of nowhere." Mom finished with a joking shake of her head.

"You could have said no and made me come home." I said continuing to make the sandwich and putting it on the stove.

"Yeah but you've never had friends or really stayed over at any of their houses, so of course I would say yes." Mom said, walking away but came back in her PJs.

"That's really the reason?"

If only she knew why. My mouth opened to tell her what happened but then fear came in the way. What happens if this happens:

"Mom, I have something serious to tell you."

"What is it? You got a girl pregnant? You gave a dude an STD?"

"I've been," I would hesitate and probably begin to cry, "sexually assaulted."

"What do you mean? By a woman?" She would ask, still probably shocked or something.

"No. By a man."

"How?"

"What do you mean how?"

"How do you get sexually assaulted by a man?" She would asked confused.

"Well, it lasted for a week. He, I don't want to explain it Mom, it's to hard." My chest would tighten up.

"Where is he now?" Which would of course be her most important question.

"He-he passed away mom."

"He died? Did you report this to anybody while he was alive?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because-I don't know-I couldn't."

"When did this happen?"

"Freshman year."