Damoiseau In Distress

Michelle Jones was on her way to another store before she went back home. She decided to take a shortcut through an alley. Halfway through it, she sees Spider-Man being beaten up to death by a couple of big muscular thugs. They kicked his ribs, threw punches at his face and jaw to the point where he just couldn't move a muscle anymore.

  "Hey!" She shouts at them, getting their attention. "Leave him alone."

  "And what are you gonna do, little girl?" said one of the thugs.

  "Oh you're gonna regret calling me that." She lunges at them and does Bokator moves, taking down the first thug and then the other. Huh, I guess mom did know those Bokator lessons would be worth it someday. Thanks mom, she thought as the thugs ran away. She looks at Spider-Man and helps him up. "Are you alright?"

  "Yeah." Peter purposefully deepened his voice, groaning and holding the rib part of his body. "Thanks, Mich-- Miss. Where'd you learn how to do that?"

  "My mom pushed me to train Bokator ever since I was little. She herself learned it at a young age too."

  "Wow. That's so cool."

  "Yeah well, it comes in handy at times like this. Anyway, I'm calling an ambulance."

  "No no, that won't be necessary. I'm fine." As he was looking into her chocolate brown eyes, he felt the pain slowly fading away. Time seemed to have stopped.

  "Hey." Michelle snaps her fingers in front of his face. "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked.

  "Yeah yeah," He gave an *ahem*, not realizing his voice changed back to normal. "I'm fine. Thanks again, Miss...?"

  "Michelle." She replied.

  "Michelle." He faintly muttered under his breath. "See you around, then." He said, swinging onto a web and into the city.

  "See ya." She said to nobody.

***Next Day***

      Peter looked for Michelle at lunch, subtly massaging his rib since it still ached from the previous night. She was sitting in the corner table of the cafeteria and he sat down directly in front of her.

  "Hey, loser. Where's your friend?" She says to him, not looking away from her book.

  "He's out of town for a few days to visit his grandma. I uhh.. heard about what happened last night." She shot him a look.

  "What do you mean?"

  "Well, you already know that I'm cool with Spider-Man." He said it so smugly.

  "I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that." said MJ, internally cringing.

  "Well, I mean.. we talk, you know. Anyway, he told me that you saved him from getting beaten up to death.

  "I really didn't do much." She said shyly and humbly.

  "Are you kidding me? You did Bokator! I -- He saw it with his own two eyes!"

  "You seem pretty hyped about that. It's almost as if you saw it first-hand."

  "What?" His voice went all high-pitched, a sign that he's lying (and failing at it as well). "Pffft, what are you talking about, Michelle? This was exactly how he told me about it. I just wanted to keep the energy that he had while telling it to me."

  "...Okay.." She turns back towards her book. "Is that why you came here? Just to tell me all of that?"

  "Well, I mean can I at least eat with you?"