I Hate That I Love You

They were all in gym class. Their coach told them to take warmups first, then they were asked to lift the tiny 5lb weights. Michelle lifting up her book instead of the weights caught Peter's eye. He grabbed a hold of it, making her jump up to her feet.

  "Parker," She said. "Give it back." He ran around, and she chased after him. At some point, Peter tripped and MJ tripped after him, and she falls over onto him. Students around them start whistling and cheering on. Michelle looked at Peter and blushed as he smirked at her. The whistles caught the attention of Coach Wilson.

  "Get off of him, Ms. Jones." He said stagnantly.

  "With pleasure." She gave Peter a dirty look as she got up to her feet and snatched the book from him. He seemed pretty amused.

  "Won't bother helping me up, Jones?" He asked, but she ignored him and went back to where she was originally.

      Their next activity was volleyball, one of Michelle's most-hated sports. She willingly got benched and as she walked back to the bleachers, Peter followed her. A girl put her foot out to Michelle and she tripped. Luckily, Peter caught her. The girl chuckled silently.

  "Falling for me now, are you?" She swiftly gets up and he smirks yet again. She walks away. "Not gonna thank me, MJ?" She rolls her eyes.

  "Thank you." She said, irritably.

  "That's more like it." She continues walking back to the bleachers with a slight grin on her face. Peter lingers one last look on her before he turns his attention back to the class.

      Their next class was chemistry. The teacher assigned them to a buddy. She randomly took a name from the girls' list and another random name from the boys'.

  "Brant and... Leeds." She said, as Ned and Betty high-fived.

  "Moore and.. Ionello." Jason sighed at this while the girl seemed hyped.

  "Mitchell and... Thompson." Flash grinned and the girl looked pissed.

  "Jones and... Parker." He grinned at her as she gave him an unpleasant look.

After the teacher buddied them up, she explained the instructions and the theme of their project. She also explained that the deadline is next week. All the other students discussed about where they'd meet up and do the project, except for MJ and Peter. After the class, he approached her at her locker.

  "So, where are we meeting up?" He asked.

  "Leave me alone. I'll do it by myself and just tell Ms. Howard that we both did it." She replied, avoiding his glance and organizing her locker.

  "Hey, I wanna be fair here, Michelle. And why are you so mad at me?"

  "You know, for a smart-ass, you're pretty oblivious of the most obvious things."

  "Woah woah woah, you kiss your mother with that mouth?" He leaned on the locker beside hers. She finally looked at him.

  "My house after school." She said as she slammed her locker closed. Then she stormed off to her next class. He chuckled as he lingered one last look at her.

      Peter rang the doorbell outside of Michelle's house. He heard someone say 'Coming!' from the inside.

  "You must be Peter." said the woman.

  "Hello, Mrs. Jones."

  "Actually, it's only 'Miss' now."

  "Oh."