I'm Here For You, Always.

**WARNING: This story tackles about suicide, depression, and etc. If easily triggered, please click away and DO NOT READ.
Always remember that if you are dealing with depression and other types of mental health issues, never hesitate to reach out for help. It may not be easy, but it is so worth it. You are loved, and you are important.
Make sure to read Author's Note in the end.
Thank you for the continuous support on this book!**

      The Midtown Decathlon Team decided to take a day-off of practice. They went to Bowlero near where they lived.

  "It looks pretty empty here, doesn't it?" said Ned.

  "Maybe nobody just felt like coming." said Cindy.

  "How many people are playing?" said the guy behind the counter.

  "10." said Flash, as everyone removed their shoes and replaced them with bowling shoes.

As the group played a few rounds, Michelle, as usual, stayed quiet on the side and listened on an audiobook she had in her phone. Peter sat beside her.

  "Are you ever going to join in?" He asked her.

  "I'm not good at bowling, unfortunately." She said, removing an earbud and pausing the audiobook.

  "Oh come on, MJ. You don't have to be good at it to play it."

  "I just.. I don't feel like playing."

  "Then why'd you decide to come with us?" He didn't want to come across as angry, he was just plain curious. But MJ felt defensive.

  "Because I just wanted to hang out with you guys!" She sighed, then continued. "I haven't been out much lately and, well.. I thought of this as an excuse. I haven't really been feeling well..."

  "Oh. You've been sick lately?"

  "No, actually.. I.." She took a second to just breathe. She never told anybody what's been happening to her lately because she never thought anybody would really listen. But here was Peter Parker, looking closely in her eyes, listening to her intently. She looked around and got up, pulling Peter farther away from the others having fun. "Please don't tell anybody else this."

  "O..Of course. What is it?"

  "I've been going through... a lot lately. And my house hasn't been one of the best places I want to stay in." She looked away from him and breathed heavily. She tried biting back tears but failed. Peter wiped them all away.

  "It's okay. You don't have to tell me anything." He assured.

  "But I want to." She paused while Peter waited patiently. "I've been having depressive thoughts lately and I... Peter.." She cried more and more.

  "Shhh. It's okay." He pulled her into his arms. After a while, he pulled away and let her talk again. This time, he held her hand.

  "Don't tell anyone about this, okay?" She whispered. He silently nodded. Michelle pulled up the sleeve of her black long-sleeved shirt, revealing faded cuts near her wrist and all over her arm. She pulled up the other sleeve as well.

  "Michelle, I--" He didn't know what to make out of it. She bit her lip while Peter continued to brush over the scars. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know about this at all. Michelle.." She looked away but he pulled her into another hug. This time he started crying as well. "Remember that I'm always here for you. There are people out there who care about you. Who love you. We're all here for you." She felt so safe in his arms, something she'd never felt for a very long time. She didn't want to pull away. Finally she felt like someone was on her side. When they pulled away, they looked at each other. Then a thought entered in Peter's mind. "Wait here." He said. He walked over to the others while Michelle put her phone and earbuds in the pockets of her jeans.

  "Hey guys," All of them turned their attention to him. "We're just gonna go out for a drive. We'll be right back." He gestured over to Michelle. All of them nodded. He walked back to her and he intertwined his fingers with hers. "Ready?"

***At The Car***

  "Do you have good music in here?" asked Michelle.

  "I don't know if we have the same taste or not but, I can say it's pretty decent." He said, making her grin. She scrolled through his songs on his phone which was connected to the car's stereo and nodded.

  "Alright." She said to him and he smiled at her.

A few minutes later, they arrived at their destination. As they hopped off of the car, the breezy wind blew on their faces.

  "Come on." He said to her, sliding his hand into hers and held it tightly. He pulled her and he ran to the shore of the beach. He stopped and held his arms out wide, his curly hair was blown by the wind. "Try it." He told her.

  "I am not doing that." She said, grinning at him.

  "Try it!" He encouraged once more, spreading her arms out wide. She removed her hair tie and her long curly brown hair was blown by the strong wind. She felt free, and she felt like anything was possible. It felt sensational. The feeling seemed so foreign to her. Unknowingly, Peter hugged her from the back, lifted her up and twirled around. Michelle giggled out loud.

When he put her down, he cupped both of her cheeks and gazed intently into her chocolate brown eyes.

  "You look stunning. Has anyone ever told you that?" He said, making her smile.

  "You seem to be the first." She replied. Behind Peter, she saw an empty playground. She dragged him there and they both tried to ride on the small horses with springs for kids. Peter fell and soon enough, Michelle went into hysterics of laughter. She went on the roundabout while Peter pushed it making it spin around.

Later, they went on the swing. He pushed her and up and down she went.

  "Don't push too hard!" She said as she was on the air coming back down.

  "I won't, I promise." He replied. But then he suddenly pushed way harder than he intended, taking Michelle by surprise. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." He said holding the chains, stopping her. She laughed.

  "Don't be. It was fun!" She looked up at him, making him look like he was upside down. They smiled at each other. Peter started leaning in and soon enough, their lips pressed ever so gently. MJ's heart seemed to flutter throughout her whole body. She loved the feeling. After they pulled away, she stood up from the swing and hugged him.

  "Thanks for the best day ever, Peter." She said. "You don't know how much this meant to me."

  "Don't mention it." He let out a chuckle. "I just hope this helped you in any way. I don't like seeing you depressed and I really don't want you to hurt yourself."

  "This really did help me. And I promise I'll avoid it. All of it." She pulled away and faced him. After a few seconds, they both leaned in for yet another kiss. For the first time in a very long period of time, Michelle was confident that good things will come her way, all thanks to Peter Parker.

(A/N: To those of you who were able to read through the chapter, hi😄. This is probably my favorite one so far. I identify so much with this chapter because I've went through a great deal of depression myself. And for y'all who are dealing with it still, I recommend for you guys to talk about it with someone, like what Michelle did here to Peter. And I know it may sound like it's not the easiest solution, and it really isn't. But I assure you that it is the best solution. If you don't have anyone comfortable talking about it with, don't be afraid to reach out and talk to me in my DMs. I'm here for you.

Much love,
Icee❤)