Game Night

It was summer vacation. Ned had to spend his whole vacation with his family at Hawaii. Peter didn't know what to do during the span of 2 and a half months. The only other close friend that he had was MJ, and he was surprised when she said that she would hang out with him. She always came over to his house and played video games with him. They had formed this unexpected bond and they didn't know why they weren't hanging out before. Michelle secretly developed a crush on Peter but she didn't know how to tell him. She didn't want to ruin their friendship in case he doesn't feel the same way. She enjoyed hanging out with him, and he did too.

      One night, MJ came over for a sleepover. Aunt May went out to go grocery shopping.

  "Just put all your stuff in my room." said Peter, while preparing the console and starting up Street Fighter. Michelle entered his room and it looked like a mess. Ah, boys. She thought.

  "Is it ready?" She asked when she entered the living room.

  "Yeah." Peter handed over the other controller. Their hands brushed against each other which sent a tingling feeling up MJ's spine.

A few rounds later, both of them started to smash the buttons on their controller and they took the game a bit too seriously.

  "Oh my God! You literally cheated! Peter!" MJ suddenly got furious. "You distracted me, what the heck?!"

  "Relax, it's just a game!" He smirked. He loves messing with MJ. She looked so cute when she's angry.

  "I want a rematch!"

  "No! We said two out of three, remember? And I technically won."

  "Nope. We have to do another one."

  "Just accept the fact that you lost, okay?"

  "But you cheated! You can't win by being unfair."

  "And who says I cheated? Did you see me cheat?" MJ rolled her eyes and thought it over her head. She didn't get distracted cause of Peter at all. She just glanced over to the kitchen because she thought she saw something.

  "Okay, okay, fine. You didn't cheat."

  "Of course I didn't. I'm not that kind of person, you know that." He stared at MJ's eyes, and she felt a tingle down her spine and stared back. They slowly leaned in for a kiss when suddenly the door burst open.

  "Peter, can you help me carry the groceries?" asked Aunt May, both of her hands full of grocery bags. "There's 2 more bags in the car."

  "Uh, yeah. Sure." He said, leaving Michelle on the couch. She thought that was it. She was so convinced that she was about to get her first kiss.

      After Peter helped Aunt May, she cooked dinner for the three of them and after playing more video games, she told the two to prepare to go to bed. Both changed into their pajamas and headed to Peter's room.

  "So, which one do you like better? Top or bottom?" Peter asked. MJ blushed. He realized his question didn't have much context and had a different meaning. He started to blush too.

  "I.. I meant the bunk.." He clarified, his voice cracking.

  "I'll take bottom." MJ replied. She didn't plan for this sleepover to be this awkward.

  "Okay." Peter quietly mumbled. Before he started to climb onto the top bunk, Michelle had turned towards him.

  "Thanks, by the way, for having me over. You know, I don't usually hang out with anyone during summer vacation which sucks so uhh.. I just wanted to say thanks for.. I don't know, being my first close friend I guess." She gazed down on her feet. Peter slowly walked towards her and gave her a hug. For a moment, she felt loved and appreciated.

  "You're always welcome here, y'know." He said, holding her tightly. A few moments later, they pulled away.

  "Well... Goodnight." MJ said, kissing him on the cheek. Both of them blushed.

  "Good.. goodnight." Peter stuttered. Then he climbed up the ladder and laid on his bed. MJ put the blanket on her face and realized it smelled like Peter. The scent made her smile and she stayed just like that until she closed her eyes and dozed off to sleep.