Wedding Date

Michelle's older brother was getting married in a week. He told her to bring a wedding date which was a way of him saying that she needs to get a boyfriend. She keeps telling him that she's fine being single and that she's capable of taking care of herself when she grows up. He just wants her to be happy and not alone when she moves out. He begged for her to just bring a date for his sake. Of course, MJ agreed, but only because it was her brother's big day. She didn't want to be caught up in a fight with him. But the thing is, she has no idea how she's going to be able to find a wedding date. She wasn't really seeing anyone, and she doesn't know anyone who's seeing her. Eventually, she realized she needed a hand. She approached her closest friends, Ned and Peter, for help.

  "Guys, I honestly don't know how to ask anyone to be my wedding date. Can you guys help me find someone? I don't want to have to confront anyone in person. It's gonna be too awkward."

  "Well, I mean, you could always create a Tinder account..." Ned smirked.

  "No. Just no. I'm going to intervene here. Do not involve Michelle in any of that stuff, Ned. She could meet pedophiles there for all we know! She could be cat-fished!" said Peter defensively.

  "Dude, I was only kidding. Who in their right mind would ever create an account for a dating app if they're underaged?"

  "Well, what am I supposed to do now?!" Michelle asked, irritated.

  "Who's the one person we can talk to that has a huge friend group?" asked Ned, which made Peter sigh. Ned looked over at him. "Peter, you talk to him." He continued, grinning. Peter shook his head. "Oh come on. Do this for Michelle, dude. Or else I'm creating a Tinder account for her..." He whispered.

  "Don't you dare. Don't put her in danger." Peter whispered back.

  "Come on, I'm doing you a favor here. Do it for her."

  "What are you guys talking about?" Michelle asked, arms crossed. The two almost forgot that she was just standing a few feet from them.

  "Peter's gonna talk to Flash, right Pete?" Ned nudged his elbow at Peter.

  "No way am I taking him to my brother's wedding!" Michelle burst out.

  "You're not. We -- I -- am gonna ask him if he knows other guys who are willing to be your date." said Peter.

  "Oh. Well, great! Thanks for your help by the way. Just inform me if y'all have found a potential suitor. Bye guys." said MJ, leaving Peter's room.

      The next day, Peter approached her by her locker with a guy that didn't look at all like Ned.

  "MJ, this is Jason Ionello. He agreed to be your wedding date."

  "Hi Jason."

  "Hello."

  "Well, the wedding's on Sunday. Here's the invitation." She handed it over. Jason skimmed through it and Peter looked over to it too. "And do you have a pink tie?"

  "Umm.. I don't think so?"

  "Well, you need a pink tie for your black suit. My brother told me you need to match with the other people there."

  "Well, okay."

  "Thanks so much again, Peter." She said, smiling at him.

  "You.. You're welcome." He stuttered, looking down on his feet, blushing.

***Skip to Saturday***

      Around 3 in the afternoon, Jason called MJ and informed her that he wasn't going to be able to go with her to the wedding.