One Drunken Night...

Earlier this Saturday morning, MJ received a call from her mom to let her know that she should not talk to her dad anymore. She said she caught him cheating on someone else and she kicked him out. She couldn't believe her parents were separated, she never would've imagined it. She decides to stay in her room and let everything sink in, later finding out that it just made everything worse. She thinks back to the good times she shared with her parents and scrolls through old pictures of them she saved on her phone. Her roommate Stacy entered the room as MJ wiped her tears.

  "Oh my god, you're still moping around in here?! Look, I get what you're going through. My parents got divorced when I was only 4!"

  "Yeah, I guess I am being pretty petty at this point."

  "Come on, there's a party in the next dorm. Let's go have fun!"

  "No, I am not going to a party."

  "It's a Saturday, big deal??"

  "No! Just no!" This went on for a while until MJ was peer pressured into going to the party with Stacy.

      At the party, Michelle stood along the walls, observing other students' absurd actions like making out with one another and doing body shots and whatnot. She was not expecting all of this. A few minutes later, Stacy walked over to her.

  "Isn't this fun?!" She said over the loud music.

  "Not really." Michelle replied.

  "Oh come on, Shelley."

  "Okay first of all, do not call me that ever again, please."

  "Okay, okay. Only if you grab a drink!"

  "No, I don't wanna get drunk tonight, Stacy."

  "At least one drink...?" She dragged her over to a table with bottles of alcohol on it. Michelle, a little tempted to drink her problems and emotions away, downed a shot. And more. And more. And more.

Next thing she knew, she was on top of one of the tables, dancing. Coincidentally enough, Peter was at the party. He was peer pressured to go to it as well but remained sober the entire time. He hears the crowd chanting "M-J! M-J! M-J!" at the room where she was in. His senses comes to him when he hears her name. He runs to the room and sees her drunkily dancing. He curses to himself repeatedly then walks over to her.

  "MJ, get down from there, please." He says.

  "No!"

  "MJ... please. This is for your own good."

  "No!" She continues dancing.

  "YES! GET DOWN, BABY! LOWER!" says the guy behind Peter.

  "Hey, that's not cool, man. You know she's drunk." He tells him.

  "What you tryna do then, huh shorty?" The crowd around them oohed as he pushed Peter.

  "I'm not trying to start a fight with you, dude. I'm just trying to get my friend home safely, is all."

  "Oh, this here your girlfriend then, huh?" He teased, pointing at MJ who was still dancing, ignoring everything that's happening around her.

  "No, just a friend." He blushed.

  "Ah. Well then if she's just a friend, why bring her home?" The guy smirked.

  "Because it's the right thing to do." He said, then all of the attention went away from them and to a guy that said "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" in the background. Everyone ran over to them, leaving Michelle and Peter alone in the room. He tapped her foot.