Sports Festival (Pt. 4)

[This one is kinda long, enjoyyyy;)]

Tetsutetsu lost, meaning I was the only person from 1B left. I don’t want to lose, I took the spot that someone else could have had in my class.  If I remember, Tokayami is the bird boy in class 1A. His quirk is probably fly, or something bird related. I don’t want to keep my distance during the battle, but I don’t know, his quirk could be good for close combat.

 As I seen him before, he took down the girl with the black pony tail automatically with something dark. I should get as close as possible to him so he doesn’t just push me off.

 I’m already nervous, and I’m not even up yet.

 I felt a tap on my shoulder. I swear if this is who I think it is I’m gonna-

 “Stop sweating so much, the bird from that class is a scum, it’s not like you won’t win.” Why is he trying to talk to me still? “I don’t need your help, Monoma, I have this figured out on my own.” I say annoyed.

 If I win, I go against Bakugou, meaning I have a chance of getting on the leaderboard.  I have to stop worrying, that will get me nowhere right now.

 -Time Skip-

 My match is finally starting against Tokayami. They called me up, and I walked inside the rectangle. I think I figured his quirk out with a lot of thinking. I believe it’s something to do with a shadow. I’ll have to avoid it.

 The match began, and I ran to the middle, his shadow coming right at me. At the right time I have to slice it. I formed a water sword from my hand. The shadow like thing pushed me a bit, until I chopped it. It done nothing to be honest, but it gave me time to run away from it.

 I have to get to Tokayami, he’s probably the one controlling it, unless the shadow thing is doing it alone. I sliced the air in front of his beak, making him move back more. The more he moves back, the closer he is out of bounce.

 I wasn’t aiming for him, I was trying to scare him into making him think I was going to chop off his head. The shadow thing hit my back. It felt like it went through me.

 Think Y/N, it’s a shadow.. what are the pros and cons of shadows. Daylight? Maybe it’s weaker from sunlight. This isn’t helping me since the angle of the sun is in the middle, where as Tokayami is in the same place from the start.

 I’ll have to multitask, I’ll turn myself into water while holding the sword. I forced my body to turn into water, and started running to him. His shadow went through me. “I know your moves, you won’t hit me with that sword” he speaks. It’s true.

 I grabbed his beak, and pushed him to the end. I have to let go at the right time, or I’ll go out of bounce too. I blasted his face with water, making him fall back. He was out of bounce. I was an inch away from the line.

 “TOKAYAMI IS OUT OF BOUNCE, MEANING L/N IS THE WINNER!”

 “Fair game.” I said. He nodded, and got up.

 I’ll be up against Bakugou next. I’m so close. My body feels like shutting down. I used too much energy in that battle. I could have broke if that fight lasted another second.