Sports Festival (Pt. 2)

(Okay guys, this is gonna be a short ass chapter, sorry for another short chapter ;(()

Everyone lined up, getting ready to book it when they announce us to go. This was it. The beginning of the sports festival, and I’m already shaking so much. I could either terribly fail this, and wasted a week of training, or I could give my all, and show these heroes what I can do.

 I was up front from using my quirk. I got in running position.

 “BEGIN!”

I got pushed. Ow. I felt a chill on my feet. The hell? It’s ice! I used my quirk to make a water stick, and broke out of the ice. It was from that kid from class 1A with the weird hair.

 As soon as I broke out of the ice, I used my quirk to slide on the ice. I was basically ice skating past everyone else who seemed hopeless. Too bad I guess. I’m not here to lose. This boy who looked like a human grape jumped up above me, he was saying something about the ice boy’s quirk.

 I felt rumbling from the ground. The grape boy got hit with robots. They were the robots from the entrance exam! I stopped running, and stood still. I mean, it wouldn’t be a difficult hero race if it were just us racing each other. But it still was a race.

 I have no time to fight them if I want to get in a high place for the race. I also didn’t want to over use my quirk. What to do? I got it! I can form a hollow water bubble over me so the robots can’t touch me. I have to be quick while doing it though.

 I formed a bubble of water around me, and ran through the robots. I was behind the boy with ice.

 “WHAT’S THIS?! L/N F/N FROM CLASS 1B IS IN SECOND PLACE FROM USING HER QUIRK, WATER MANIPULATION! SHE HAS A LIMIT ON USING IT, BUT AS LONG AS SHE’S AROUND WATER, SHE’S TOTALLY FINE!”

 Wow, thanks Present Mic, helped me so much. I sighed. “IF SHE’S WEAK OUT OF WATER, I’LL BREAK IT! DIE!” I heard a familiar voice yell. I looked behind me to see Bakugou sending a fist right at my shield while he’s coming from up in the air.

 He shocked me. He fell on top of me, leading me to fall over, and break my water bubble. I got back up, and made my way to the next part of the course. I have to balance myself on a rope. Thank God I laid off of the Taco Bell for a week. I could always use my quirk as a water jetpack, kinda like Bakugou, but I didn’t want to use all of my quirk.

 “Oh God.. if I die, you can have my fake Gucci glasses Nezu..” I said with fear in my voice. I was not a big fan of heights. I’ll just crawl on it, why not? As I laid my whole body on the rope, hugging it for dear life, other people were just walking on it, with no sweat.

 This was a bad idea.

 After a good three minutes of crawling on the rope, I started running. I wasn’t the farthest from first, but I also wasn’t near first either. I made my way to the mine section.

 Everyone is taking their time, watching their step. If I turn myself into water, maybe I won’t explode up into the air, but it also won’t get me first. I’ll make other people fall behind though making them explode up and away.

 I took a deep breath, and forced my body in water form. It kind of feels like I’m sucking my stomach in. I started jumping on mines in front of people making them explode, this plan actually worked very well. I ran to Bakugou, and ice boy, we were all neck in neck until I heard a scream above us.

 I was too distracted, and Bakugou pushed me on the ground. Above me was Midoriya on a robot part, heading towards my body. I sighed. If I can’t get first, I’ll let my friend get it. I blasted water at him, giving him a smaller boost to hit the two boys fighting each other for first.

 People ran past me while I still was on the ground watching that play out. I got up, and started running towards the end. I got 15th. It was an ok place I guess. I’ll just have to try harder next event.

 Midnight explained that our place was determined as points for the next event. Making Midoriya have ten million points. Everyone stared at him. I felt bad, but I didn’t want to be on his team either. It was a cavalry battle.

 Hands grabbed me, and I was taken away by Tetsutetsu. He brought me to a team with him, Awase, and Honenuki. (We just gonna take Ibara’s place if that’s alright)

 “So, this is our team, any plans?” I ask the three boys. They all looked shook. I face palmed. “I think we should let Tetsutetsu on top, since he has best defense, and offense with his quirk” I suggest. They all nodded. We were the second highest team from start, with 705 points. “I want us to win, so please do your best guys” I announce. “We all will, no holding back” Awase said. We put our fist in the air, and cheered plus ultra.

 We got into our positions, getting ready for us to go. Our plan was avoiding the other teams, and not try to snatch, since we were already the second highest. It didn’t matter what place we were in, as long as we had enough to continue to the finals. We also agreed to go against the 1A class, if we needed the points.

 We all picked a place to line up. We came across Nei-, Monoma’s team. I hate to admit it, but his team wasn’t bad. He had good defense.  He turned over to us, and opened his mouth.

 “No hard feelings.” I hated his voice. But I was cool with his other team mates, so I rolled my eyes, and nodded along with the rest of my team while holding Tetsutetsu’s left leg.

 Midnight announced us to go, and so we did. We have to win this.