Racing

"I have different color pieces of paper in this glove, you grab a piece, and if someone has the same colored piece of paper, you're their partner. We'll be doing this twice, so don't use all of your energy in one go. Kendo, you pick first"

"Alright!" The cheery girl went up to the glove and picked a blue piece of paper. I watched half of the class pick their pieces of colored paper. "L/N." I heard my name and walked up to the glove.

Wait...I notice the glove..as I was putting my hand in the glove, I asked if he was the pro hero, Vlad King, he nodded and winked at me. I pulled my hand out of the glove, and looked at my piece of paper, it was orange. 

I went back to the group of people who are trying to figure out who their partner is. I then acknowledged Tetsutetsu's paper in his hand, it was the color orange. He noticed my piece of paper too and started walking towards me.

"So what's the plan?" I asked trying not to waste a second of time we have before racing. "I think you should get on my back, not saying you're weak or anything, but my quirk is for close combat, so it wouldn't help if you carried me" he told me.

"Makes sense, what's your quirk anyways?" I asked hoping that he wouldn't mind. " I can turn my body into steel, yours"? "I can make water shoot out of my hands basically" I answer not trying to give out too much information about my quirk, just in case we had to do combat fighting.

"Maybe you could blast water out of your hands to make us go faster" he says. I liked his idea, I mean there's nothing that could go wrong if I control my quirk right. "Sounds like a plan" I said with a determined look on my face.

"Orange, blue, and red line up."  Mr. Kan directs us to the starting point. I was on Tetsutetsu's back with my hands pointing to the school while his hands we holding my back so I don't fall off of his back.

"Ready..."

" Steady..."

"GO!"

Without wasting anytime, Tetsutetsu started skipping, not wanting to have his feet drag on the ground too much. Water started to blast out of the palms of my hands. It was kinda like a ride at a carnival that would go up for a couple seconds then come back down quickly.

We got to the gate and turned back immediately. It looks like we were coming in first. We finally got back to where Mr. Kan was standing. "45 seconds" Mr. Kan told us.

45 seconds isn't that bad, is it? I got off of Tetsutetsu's back, and we high fived each other. We waited for the others to finish, which didn't take long. "Great job guys" the orange happy girl said.

"Thanks..Itzuka.." I said blushing a bit. "Wish me luck!" She then went on a guy's back. His skin was black, and he had white hair. I also seen the blonde boy carry a girl with horns.

I watched the three groups face and was amazed by Kendo's quirk. Her hands grew about five times the size of her regular hands. She used her giant hands to make them leap like a frog, which was working out perfectly since they leaped about five feet forward every time. They came back first at 34.7 seconds.

Then there was the blonde boy, and the girl with the horns come back at 58.3 seconds. He looked exhausted. Then the other team came back at 60.9 seconds. We all lined up again waiting for our turn to pick a colored piece of paper from the glove.

Once my name was called again, I went to pick a colored piece of paper out of the glove. I got the color green. So far no one had green so I waited for someone to pull the color out. "Monoma" Mr. Kan called.

It was the blonde haired boy's name, well last name. He went up to the glove and pulled out the color green. I was going to walk up to him, but I heard my name.

"L/N, can you spray some water in my mouth?" Kendo asked me. I blushed at the weird question. "I don't know if you really want to drink the water out of me, it's either spit, or it's just my body fluids." I said scratching my neck.

"Ew." A voice behind me said.

I turned around and seen the blonde boy looking at my colored piece of paper. "Oh..sorry you had to hear that.." I said as my face heated a little. "Whatever, we need a plan" he said.

"How about I get on your back, and-"

"Nope, I'm not carrying another person on my back again" he interrupted. "Oh..since we have the same quirk, you can get on my back I guess" I said. He stared at me looking confused for a couple seconds. "Oh yeah, you're that water girl. Fine." He said snapping out of confusion.

"Green, orange, and pink line up"

He hopped on my back without a warning. I felt like I was going to topple over from all the weight on my back at once. "What do I do again?" He asked.

"Just spray water out of your hands making us go fast, kinda like a speed boat" I told him before Mr. Kan started to talk.

"Ready..."

"Steady..."

"GO!"

I started to move forward with Monoma on my back waiting for him to use his quirk. "Are you using it" I asked struggling to jog. "I'm trying" he said sounding annoyed. "Did you drink enough water" I asked, now feeling like I was going to die.

"I needed to drink water?" He asked sounding extremely confused. "I thought you had a water quirk" I say about to fall down. "I do..kinda" he said. "Think wet thoughts" I said running as fast as I can.

We were behind the other two teams by like twenty feet. He finally got water to come out of his hands while I held his back making sure he doesn't fall off my back. We were going as fast as we could. We passed the other two teams, and made it to the gate. We quickly turned around, and he blasted more water out of his hands.

It was a lot of water, too much at once.

My feet started to make their way up in the air for more than five seconds. "Slow down!" I yelled as we swayed to the left then to the right. "Don't you think I'm trying" he yelled back annoyed. I accidentally let one of my hands off his back. He was about to fall off my back until I grabbed his hand.

"What are you doing" he said sounding angry. "I'm sorry! My hand slipped!" I yelled. At this point he wasn't even on my back, and we were still two feet in the air.

Out of no where the water stopped coming out of his hands, and before I knew it, we fell onto the ground from the force. I fell on my back and he was on top of me.

I blushed at the very awkward position we were in. His hand was on my chest. I screamed mentally inside my head, dying inside. He realized the position too, and quickly got up. The other teams passed us by a minute, which meant an automatic minute and a half for us.

"Wow, great team work" he said sarcastically like it was my fault. It was his fault, not mine, but I was too shy to actually say something to him. He left me on the ground, not even giving me a hand.

What a jerk I thought.

Kendo ran over to me and helped me up. "You alright, L/N" Kendo asked checking every part of my body. "Yeah.." I told her, not wanting her to feel worried.

"He can be a jerk sometimes" she told me. We walked inside with the rest of the class, and got ready for lunch.