CH 14. Awkward Position

This chapter is dedicated to tinkabell3954 the first one to vote for the last chapter i appreciate it and to sugarish who was the first to comment on my first chapter.

Callie POV

Martin's Pizza place

"Thank you sir your change is $1.50" I smile at the middle aged man as I give him the two pizza boxes. He gives me a smile and a shake of his head and exits the restaurant, money in hand.

It wasn't as packed as yesterday.teens were spread throughout two tables. A blonde blowing bubbles in her coke. A tall lean guy laughing his ass off at this red head's joke, nostrils flaring. They were shoving pizza down their throats while laughing. Childish much? I've seen two year olds with proper eating manners.

Angela and Ricky are at the table closest to wear I'm working the register.angela is still mad that I didn't tell her about my fight while we were still in the parking lot.How am I suppose to explain that Ash was hitting on me at her house and that I almost believed him.

I hold the glen that's in my throat. Disgusting. Why would I like that asshole anyway. The memory of the way Ashley touched him, the way he whispered in her ear. I feel something moist on my hand and I look to see Ricky in front of me.

"What's wrong Callie ?" He puts his thumb on my cheek and rubs that spot for a few seconds. Ricky's so sweet, I wish he was my brother. Angela is so lucky. I'm an only child it's always lonely. My parents were like my only friends I've had. We would hang out on weekends but when they had work I was on my own. Almost everyone at school made fun of me and now I've changed, I'm not gonna let anyone see my vulnerability.

I nod at Ricky and inhale a quick breath. "Callie you can take a break and go home you've done great today." Martin gives me a smile and I nod.

I go take a seat next to Angela, Ricky on my tail.shes playing flappy bird on her iPhone with a score of 3. I chuckle at her reaction when her bird falls. She looks at me and gives me a small smile. At least she's not pissed like she was a few hours ago. Ricky is to my right, eating his pizza with hungry eyes. I feel bad they stayed here with me.

"Look I'm fine it's just.... *huff* Ash and I had a fight okay he called me a whore so.." I felt a cry want to escape my dry lips but I swallowed it down. I will not cry for the likes of him. My heart feels like it dropped to my stomach, this is the worst feeling ever.

I feel a pain on my hand and realize that Ricky was squeezing my hand tightly. He let go in an instant. His plate was empty and the look on his face was hatred. Angela puts a consoling hand on my back and rubs.

I don't want her to think I care.

"I knew it! I knew it!! I knew he was a dick!! The moment he started to annoy you I wanted to strangle him. He's just a bad influence."

He's right but he was fun to be around. I didn't say it out loud but I've always feel a rush of excitement. He's annoying but he's interesting to be around.

Ricky's nostrils are flared, meanwhile Angela is rolling her eyes , looking back at her iPhone.

"Relax, I set him straight I have a plan." I smile evilly , trying to move my strange emotions aside. Crying over this won't help me. Ill make him pay.

Martin let me go early. I still can't believe their related. I just wonder what ash meant when he said I don't know him. He's right about that, I don't know him but he doesn't know me either.

Angela gives me a hug and heads for her car. I sigh , I'll prank him tomorrow. Ricky is still by my side, fire in his eyes. He's been more protective of me lately, I appreciate it but I can't take care of myself, now that mom isn't here for me anymore.

"Promise me if he bothers you, so much as come near you, I'll beat the shit out of him." I look and see his muscles bulging from underneath his shirt. I can't let him get into this.

"Thanks bit don't worry I'll be fine." I pat his shoulder and start to turn to leave. The moon is beautiful, the purple blue sky. I feel a cool breeze on my legs.

I need to get home and be ready.

I suddenly feel arms around my waist. Ricky. His breath is close to my ear. I feel fuzzy, my face is flushed.his arms tighten around me and I can't move. My body and his are close, sending me his warmth. The proximity was too close and I suddenly feel uncomfortable .

"Don't listen to what he says he's just acting like that cuz his family problems. I know your strong, he can't hurt you, he can't have you, he doesn't deserve you." His voice got lower.

What?! Can't have me? What does he mean? Was Ash really hitting on me?!

I feel Ricky's lips on my forehead, to my nose. I feel a rush of hear where his lips touched.

"Now go work things out with your mom ok?.. Ya Angela told me." He replied with a smile.

Will see