CH 20. And then He Fell

I'd like to let everyone know that people have been saying how they don't see their name when I dedicate chapters, and the fact that the list is very long and is overwhelming. I decided to delete them all from previous chapters. Know that it's not because I don't appreciate it but for convenience and it's my decision to do so , so respect it. I get notifications from those who vote and I will know who voted and I will acknowledge everyone so...

Also I'm sorry for not writing a chapter in forever , I've had a lot on my plate: emotionally, and it's been really stressful for me.

Thank you all so very much.

_____________________________________________

Callie's POV

I'm in history class , Mr. Connie is droning on about some particular topic that I wish I paid attention, but I wasn't'. All I could do was focus on the back of Ash's head as he jotted down notes with ease, not even noticing my staring. I couldn't help it , I'm drawn to him somehow and I've been feeling strange lately too.

Ash has been nothing but nice, yet somehow he distances himself from everyone else. He's been like that for a while and it annoyed me. Whenever we all hang out it was as if he was on the sidelines, almost like we were the main characters in the movie and he was an extra. He was a ghost that nobody seemed to mind, but I noticed and it pulls a sort of emotion I never thought I'd feel after everything we've all been through. I felt really sad, I haven't really forgiven him. Reminiscing what happened to Paula a few weeks ago seemed to dawn on everyone else. For one, Paula seems more talkative, as if nothing even happened. Dylan is obviously happy about it and has thanked Ash profoundly. If that wasn't enough John and Angie have been digging on each other, much to Ricky's annoyance. They've given each other side glances and always bicker at lunch whenever they get the chance. It's like the whole incident has brought everyone closer, but Ash is left on the side. I try to bring it up, but my mind always second guesses me.

I tap my pencil vigorously against the notebook, the page as blank as day. I'm in no mod to be writing notes. All I can do is to stare at Ash's luscious dark hair as his arm keeps moving to jot notes down. I notice his attire is a leather jacket with denim Levi jeans and converse. He looks really... attractive? My mind couldn't comprehend that feeling, the strange emptiness I had every time I gazed at his strong built back.

I wanted to apologize, but I don't know what I would say. It's been how long since we've had a conversation? I feel the old me creeping out and to just cry and wallow in pain. But I try to get a grip and keep my emotions at bay. I need to find the right time and place to tell him. It's been consuming me and I feel as if his association with the group have diminished, most likely. It's not that they don't care, it feels as if he's pushing himself away gradually without them suspecting it. I feel my knuckles tense and I look up to notice Mr. Connie moving around the room, textbook in hand. I pretend like I'm working but keep a close eye as I try to figure out what my plan is. It seems easier said than done, and quite frankly I don't think I'm ready. I can't even look him straight in the eye with confidence anymore than before. Something's changed and I need to pull myself together before things become more complex.

" Hey Callie girl, how were your classes!" Ricky smiled his adorable smile and I give him mine in return as we sit down. I grab my small wallet and excuse myself to the lunch line. I don't look around me as I grab everything from the counter. Two sandwiches, beans in a cup, salad, chips and a lemonade. Once I'm done paying I go quickly back into my seat and am almost in awe as I watch Ash come towards us and take a seat next to me. My body tenses up and I quickly rip off the plastic from one of the sandwiches and munch on it. With my mouth occupied I watch as Valerie, and Angie arrive. Ricky seems tense as he bites into his food aggressively.