CH 8. The Battle is Heating Up

Callie's POV

He shrugs and walks away?
Who does that? He's a freakin coward he doesn't have to be mean like jeez what's his problem?

I look over at Martin as he scrubs the tables with a fast motion that seems forced.

Ash is ash he probably hours off on everybody like his cocky ass self. He had the nerve to throw me in the lake along with him. In so glad I fought him he's lucky he didn't drown.

"The lake is beautiful isn't it"

His beautiful voice sent shivers throughout " my back. I realized how
Close he as. My body stiffens and I try to hold my self together

He's a jerk. A big jerk nothing more

"Yeah...I guess so why do you ask?"

I couldn't take it anymore. My heart was beating fast as his angelic voice played a tube in my head. The tension was aggravating to handle. It was the silence that makes you wonder what's going to happen.

"Because...."his voice became deeper making him sound serious. Wait why was he serious? He usually would be playful and annoying now it seems his tone is a but raspy.

I feel his hands around my waist and I feel his warmth against me. Suddenly I'm off the ground and into the freezing cold lake.

When all that was over it hurt and annoyed me that I couldn't figure out what his deal is. He teases me. Gets all tense. Makes me feel queezy and happy inside yet annoys me. Now he's a complete asshole and I don't know why I should feel hurt. No I shouldn't.

When I went to see Martin everything was tense again and I didn't know why. When I went to the bathroom for A moment to think ,I could hear his voice rising up. I didn't know what he had against Martin but it concerned me. He is a human being with emotions.

No instead his words ring in my head making me feel sad. What did I do I was just defending Martin he didn't have to be a jerk.

"What do you care. Yore just a fatass and I'm the prick right?" I hated when he called me fatass but a sadder feeling was when he shrugged and walked away after I tried to explain myself.

......

I drive home still feeling that pain. It just made an ache spread through my heart. Why did he make me feel bad it just affected me so much and I go upstairs to my room and shove my pillow on top of my head.

Even though I don't know him that well . Aside from being an ass and a prick I saw his eyes when he said those words they held an emotion that seemed way out if his character. He looked vulnerable and I wanted to hug him and make him feel better.

I don't know why I'm taking an interest in his life it just annoys me to see someone who is hurt and could be going through slot. I feel we might share something but I don't want to think like that.

He's the prick and I'm..... I'm

I don't know who I am anymore. Everything feels wrong inside. I'm not myself I'm like two different people trying to claim this body if my Owen. I feel like I'm not being... Me. I always thought I was the quiet shy girl, now I'm the girl who doesn't give a damn but... Now I don't know if I'm both or neither.

I visualize Ash's back muscles when he walked away. I want gonna even try anymore I mean what's the point I don't wanna care especially about a guy like him. Ill never fall

------

Weeks it's been since that day and I've been very quiet. My old self.. Well tecniqueky it's not myself ill just consider it as the me who is sad or weak.