Chapter 2: frenemies to friends, fake to happiness

"Um Lance are you sure they will never break? Because we know that everyone has a breaking point even your brother and Christine." He said with a shaky breath even though we're athletes (swimming athletes that's why we didn't get in the sports club we're only good at one sport) I sighed and replied "bro they are as cold as South Pole when there is a blizzard ok? So I know they will never ever break... I mean they are different from others so...yeah."

He nodded a bit confidently even though what I just said is just a lie. I know my brother and Christine suffered depression for one year straight not smiling nor laughing their face shows no expression at all. They only survived that because of music. They learned how to stand up to people and be cold and sarcastic.

When we reached our houses which is right in front of each other. I entered my house I saw at the living room a very unusual scene. I saw Christine and Jin listening to something and Christine is resting her head at Jin's shoulder. "And I thought you guys are frenemies? But what is this I see now huh?" I said with a smile on my face then the two looked at me "we had a truce so shut up and let us listen to music!" Christine said "and besides why should you care? Its  our life so let us live in this lifetime." Jin said see I told you just a simple question yet harsh.

I went to my room and rested a little until "Yah Lance oppa can you help us with our homework?" Christine asked me (and oh yeah she and my bro fan of Korean so don't ask) she and my brother are always talking informally yet they stated that they're 'shy' yet they are good at being shameless. "Anything for you two." She smiled a little and she left. I followed her downstairs and helped them with science. "Now you see DNA is-" my sentence was interrupted by Christine's phone ringing she answered it went out of the room.

"Oppa urgent I have to go home Jin you have to come to and no time to explain we have to go immediately!" She took his hand and went out of the house 'I wonder what happened' I thought and when they came back after about an hour or two. "Um so what happened?" I asked Jin and Christine stared at me...coldly "what's with the cold stare?" I asked nervously I don't like it when they stare coldly at me its scary.

"You...remember when you used to bully me and Christine 2 years ago?" Jin asked me... I can't believe it he brought the topic up. I gulped and I nodded "fake...all this was fake... Fake happiness it was never real." Christine murmured "you know? How? How did you figure it out?" I asked and stepped back a little. "Forget it let's end this friendship aka fake friendship so you guys join the popular aka bully club again." Jin said and walked to his room while Christine went out the door.

"Why? Who told them? It was in the past who could bring it up again? But it couldn't be...Aliyah she wasn't here before that happened...who?"