"Anna?"

"Mmm" She turned to me with her mouth full.

"I'm ready to get out of here. Plus I want wings."

"Ouuu. Wings. Yeah let's go get those."

Laughing, we linked arms and made our way out. As we walked past most people, I felt someone pull me back.

"Excuse you." I looked at Mark.

"My bad Leila. Was hoping to get a dance."

"Sorry. I'm all danced out."

"Damn not even one for the host."

"I guess not. I gotta go."

"Mhm."

Standing there, he looked at me with this smirk. Mark was one of the many people I couldn't tolerate at this school. Walking off, I got to my car and got out my phone. Making a call, I placed the phone on speaker.

"Finish with your little party?"

"Yes And we're going for wings so meet us at The Red Hat and your staying the night at my place with Anna."

"Mhmm. I'll meet y'all there."

"Okay."

Ending the call, I pulled out of the spot I was parked in and left.

"Why didn't Kareem come?"

"Because he didn't want to just like me but I came because of you."

"Oh."

"Mhmm."

"So I take it we're getting a bunch of things."

"Yup." I smiled.

******

"Here you go."

Looking at the server, she placed our order of wings in front of us then the pizza in the middle of the table."

"Thank you." We said.

"Your other orders will be ready for when y'all are leaving."

"Oh, we'll take the potato skins and wedges now."

"Coming up."

"So how was the party?" Kareem asked as we ate.

"It was alright. We only went so Anna could gawk over Elijah."

"Girl you still ain't talk to him?" He asked her.

"No. I was about to, but Joanna approached him."

"I can't stand that bitch." Kareem mumbled.

"Right but Anna sees the good in everyone."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"These wings are so fucking good." I moaned.

"Girl calm down." Kareem laughed. "So Leila you gonna talk to Elijah for your friend?"

"Come again?" I looked at him.

"What you mean by that? Lei what he mean?"

"Elijah and Josh are friends apparently." I sighed.

"And you didn't tell me?"

"Look I didn't know. I only realized when I sat at the same table with Josh that lunch you was in detention and he came and sat talking to him. I didn't pay them any mind."

"Can you at least talk to Josh to talk to him."

"I don't talk to him like that though."

"Please Lei?"

"You're a big girl Anna. If you want me to accompany you, I will but I'm not a messenger bird."

Sighing, she nodded. Anna knew I didn't get down like that for the fact that I was a naturally vocal person. Though I kept to myself, I didn't keep mute.

"What have you been up too Kareem?"

"Studying?"

"Who?" I laughed.

"No one you need to worry about."

"You know I'll find out eventually."

"No you won't so shut up."

By now, the food we had in front of us had finished. Requesting the bill as it was close to closing, we collected the burgers we had ordered and left, heading back to my place.

Knowing my mother would be asleep, we took our time and went straight to the kitchen. Plating the food we brought back, we went to my room and got comfortable.

"So, what's the plan for college?" Anna asked.

Knowing my plans, Kareem glimpsed at me secretly.

"I have a couple in mind." I spoke.

"You're still thinking about going to Cali for college?" She asked me.

"Yeah, it's up there."

"But why though? I mean I get that your dad is there but we've always said we would go somewhere in NY."

Sighing, I took a breath then spoke.

"Okay. The reason why is because my whole family is moving out there once I'm finished here."

Sitting on the bean bag chair in my room, she stared blankly at me.

"They are?"

"Yeah."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well for starters, I didn't know how to and also the decision became final just before school began."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"Did you know?" She asked Kareem.

"Yeah." He answered honestly.

"You told him and not me?"

"He was there when I found out."

"Oh okay."

"Are you mad at me?"

"No. I'm hurt that you didn't tell me but I'm not mad."

"I'm sorry." I shifted over to her.

As anti as I was, I did have emotions contrary to what others may think or say.

"So it's when you graduate right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay well we have enough time to make this final year an amazing one."

"Girl I like how you think." Kareem got excited.

"Oh God." I mumbled.

When these two got hyped on a common factor I knew there was going to be a whole lot of madness involved.

Sitting there, eating as they talked and basically planned for the rest of this senior year, I just shook my head and smiled. I knew I would miss my friends when I get out there but change is something that was gonna happen regardless and I accepted it.