34. Confession of a liar.

Start from the beginning

"F*cking coward" Alex continued.

"Alex, you are hurting yourself" I cried to no avail, he wasn't listening to anything anymore. The anger in his eyes was maddening "Alex please" I tried holding his arm to gain his attention.

"Stay back" Dan warned but it was a little too late for that. I was already on my back, Alex had shrugged my hand on his shoulder a little too quickly when I was distracted.

Alex's head snapped to me when he realized what he did. I watched his wide eyes looking at me and then trace their path down to my belly, panic reflected in them.

I was about to assure him that she was okay but before I could utter a word, we heard a loud growl and Alex was flipped over with Dan now baring his teeth violently down at him, pinning him effortlessly with a hand wrapped around his neck.

"NO" I rushed to pull at Dan's hand around Alex "Calm down. He didn't hurt me" I could see Alex choking but Dan's hand was unmoved. I panicked "I...." I fumbled but when Alex's eyes started rolling back, I knew I had no time to think "I'll never come back to you if you don't stop this instant"

I felt the pain inside me before I saw it in his now dark eyes. His grasp on Alex loosened and he stumbled back on the floor.

"You will kill me for him?" It stabbed me a million times, the pain in his eyes as they darkened further. My eyes widened when I realized what I did, I forced his wolf to take over.

"I'll die with you" I blinked to remove the haze in my eyes "You know I will. Just don't hurt him. Please" I pleaded desperately.

"I knew I couldn't trust you when it comes to him" he accused as if my words meant nothing to him.

"Dan please calm down. He's already in shock. This isn't about you or me right now. Let him take things in first..." I stopped talking when Alex sat up finally breathing steadily. I gasped at the blood on him; it punched me with its essence.

Dan growled and I realized I was moving towards Alex.

I shook my head to get rid of the smell of both their blood and quickly scooted away from them.

Alex stood up hastily. Turning away he started dragging his feet towards the door.

I rushed after him "Please listen to me" I held his arm to stop him from leave "let me explain"

He turned his neck to glare at my hand on his arm "Don't touch me with the hands that were all over him minutes ago" he gritted out, his whisper laced with disgust. My hands felt like they were on fire. I pulled them away quickly.

"I know" I nodded "I'm disgusting. Trust me it was unbearable to live with myself so I wouldn't ask you to forgive me. I don't deserve it. But please listen to me"

He turned to face me "Are you asking me to listen to how and why you cheated on me? Are you going to tell me how I wasn't enough? How lonely you felt?" he barked out a laugh "Do I need to sit through that after what you showed me? No. I get it. So save it"

I smiled through my tears "I wish I could say those words but it's not what I want you to know. I know you wouldn't believe it but I had prepared an entire speech of how I was going to tell you....."

"So it's not just behind my back. You wanted to get rid of me officially to be with him" he quickly wiped away a lone tear that escaped his eyes.

"I've lied to you" I said.

He paused to look at me.

"How long?"

"From the moment our eyes met across the lecture hall"