Luke || Katie

Six weeks.

You're wasting your time Katie, he will move on and leave you in the dust. Just stop texting him.

Everyone has furthered their opinion in your relationship. But you have faith in it, you have faith in Luke. You both made a promise to not give up to try so hard to keep the relationship going no matter where he is. You kept typing on your phone as you and Luke kept up the normal conversation.

I love you Katie.

The words you loved to here and see being sent to you not matter how far away he was. You could help but smile as you typed your response.

I love you too Luke.

You laid back on your bed as you thought of seeing him again. Just the idea made your smile grow so much more. You wanted to feel his arms around you as he would tell you how much he missed you. You were looking forward to such a day.

Six months.

Barely anything was said. Small text conversations and minute long talks on the phone. You had a strong feeling that it was all fading. He was fading from you. The short messages and the missed calls were all you needed to know.

You texted asking if you could call him. He didn't deny the offer. You soon called wanting to here his voice one last time before you knew what was coming. He quickly answered. He sounded so drained, so tired.

"Hey"

"Hey Katie."

"Two more weeks right?"

"Yep two more weeks and I'm home."

"I should let you get some rest you sound so tired."

"Okay, Night Katie."

"Night Lu-"

The line went dead. He hung up, you pushed it aside knowing how he is when he is on the break of passing out. You just wanted the time back. To where it wasn't the tour nor the dating but the question. The simple question he asked you and the simple answer you gave. You wanted to go back.

But to couldn't and this all was slipping from your fingers. You knew that this was the end. Before the two weeks are up one of you would end it. You knew it would be you.

Everyone was right. He would leave you behind and move on. And here you are feeling lost. Was this a relationship between two people that love each other or just two strangers.?