XXI

POV: Sebastian

I blink awake, the previous events coming back to me.

It's still light out, hopefully I didn't sleep too long. I need to get Macy home.

Looking around, I realize that she isn't in the room. There is, however, a sticky note on my desk.

I reach over, grateful for my long arms, and read it.

Bas-
It's five and I don't think you're going to wake up. My instinct with how mad you would be if I missed school and how mad you would be if I walked home were warring with each other, so I did neither. I had Kurt walk with me, since he knows, so I can get to school on time tomorrow. Are you sure you're okay? You've been sleeping for a really long time.
-Macy

I smile faintly. She knows me so well.

Wait, that means it's Monday. I check the time, seeing that it's eleven in the morning.

I sigh, attempting to get up so I don't miss all my classes, but a searing pain in my back stops me. I quickly lay back down, but my back is still hurting.

Guess I'm missing school today.

I slowly sit up, trying my best to ignore the pain in my back. I slid gently off the bed, walking over to the bathroom. I feel sore and achy all over, which is normal, but my back feels like it's being stabbed and sliced repeatedly.

Gently pulling off my clothes, I start the shower and remove my bandages. The hot water feels good on my bruises, but stings the cuts.

After I finished showering I gently dry myself off, cleaning and dressing the wounds once more. I take some painkillers and lay in my bed, unable to sleep.

Wait... he won't be back.

I blink, more awake than ever at that thought. I check my phone, realizing his number is gone. He blocked me.

He won't be back. Macy is safe.

Smiling, I repeat that like a mantra in my head.

Macy is safe.