Chapter 52

Two weeks has passed.

Fourteens days has passed.

Those days passed where Mal was taken by the Savior. She never felt so scared in her life; Mal was the one to be there with the RK's, always to count on the desperate and most troubled days. She's not scared for Mal because when she, Lugh, and Lalon came back from their hunt, and Negan was their for their pickup he met Negan and negotiated with him. She'd instinctively yelled at him why he tried to talk to Negan, in fact ever come up and ask him. Although as she screamed at him, Max told her what he did about dealing with him and Mal was absolutely fine, no harm done to her.

She'd gladly knows now Mal is somewhat alright, that what she thought of him as a gentlemen with a rough bad boy look is what he is and will not hurt her anytime soon.

However, the only she's scared of is the brink of extinct for the Tradepost. While the Saviors take half the supplies, Charlie had been collecting the rest and giving it to the Claimers and those Glory people. The people living in the quarters of the apartments work triple shifts in hard labor. The Glory people, including the main commander Brutar, made rules and breaking them he takes them to the square where Charlie's apartment is, and whips or cuts one of their limbs off. If breaking a small rule that's not important they'll cut your hair, strip your clothes, and put you in a cage, dehydrating and starving you until they had enough of the person.

She sat outside on the roofs of the warehouse they lived on. Exhausted from work and helping poor folks frustrated at Charlie's ignorance and focusing on these "games" than the Tradepost and its survival. Vix escapes and sits criss-crossed legs and stared at the orange warm sun. As she stared Lalon came up and sat beside her. He didn't say more than a dozen words.

He did not try to force a conversation. He just gave Vix a muffin he brought from Greasy Cindy. Vix accepted, sniffed it, and ate it without comment.

"You OK?" Lalon said, asking the question that had hung burning in the air for a week.

It took Vix ten minutes to him about the Tradepost. But she didn't just talk about Glory and the Claimers. Instead she talked about Charlie disruptive, not thoughtful plan, about these "KillGames". She spoke without emotion, almost monotone, but long before she was finished, Lalon was hugging her. Vix hugged him softly as she was afraid to crush him despite his muscular structure, and they sat like that for more than an hour after she was done, watching as the day grew older.

As they sat Vix thinks on something, it looks like a good idea. An important idea- somehow, for some indefinable reason- she needs to do it. And she knew it was the right decision. Twice she looked at the wall, at the memory of Mal being dragged with the Calvary Boys and the next as she was going to tell him about what she thought, Lalon have a warming smiling.

Vix left a smile at Lalon and went down to take a nap before his next troubling shift. She stare out at the view of the Tradepost and the gated walls, as if she could see tomorrow and the tomorrow after that and the one after that.

She got up and slapped the dust and dirt from her jeans, then looked up at the yellow August sun that hung in the sky beyond the walls.

"We are leaving. Should of done what you told us, me, Mal," she said.