Chapter 34

...Into nothing. Mal blinked once then twice and she realised her mind was playing tricks of her being the one. She wasn't it.

However, the 'it' was Phillip.

Negan pointed the bat at Phillip, and she took a long raspy breath as Phillip stood his ground, not even shaking at the dangerous sight of Negan and Ellie.

Ryes already cries, Magnus looking at him with an incredulous look, his head shaking in disbelief. Skin, eye-patch, and Kaito, all of them staying as strong as they could while holding back their tears, probably out of respect for him. Slit-throat, looking like he was about to break down. If he hadn't already.

Her hearing was like if she became deaf for some reason, hearing the deep voice of Negan in a fuzzy echo. "If anybody moves, anybody says anything, I'll cut the boy's other eye out and feed him to Kaito here, and then we'll start. You can breath. You can blink. You can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that."

And then the bat crashed on his skull, and Phillip plumbed on the ground, bitting back a scream of agony, and she hears everything again loud and clear. He slowly gets up, Mal couldn't believe how he's doing it, the agony he's in just to stand up.

"Oh, would you look at that! Taking it like a champ!"

Blood spewed his mouth, the front of his head has scraps, the tiny muscles in his scalp and blood pour down to his nose.

"Ssss-suck...my.....nuts-"

Negan once again clubbed the bat at his head again, this time Phillip stand down. Negan laughed, holding his chest in laughter.

"Holy shit! He just said 'SUCK MY NUTS!'. Well, guess what boy. You're wrong. You are sucking my nuts." And he hits him again, more brute than ever, and didn't stop.

Mal kept staring at the sight, red sprinkling the grey rocks, a matter of flesh begin impacted and sometimes stuck between the chains and the mending, the noise of the squelching cringed her nose up. The most sickening of this was flashing images of herself in Phillip's position. Her body laying on the ground, her fingers reflexing, her hair spread all over. She quickly turned away, reminding herself she wasn't the one. The one being punished.

"Look at this. Look at my dirty girl." He made a dry laugh.

Something sharp splashed across her face. With a dawning sense of horror she realised Negan had just swung his bat allowing the blood to drip down her right cheek.

As Mal looked around she noticed how tired the group was, a weary Kaito tilted to the side, Slit-throat was shaking, Skin looked sick and clammy, Ryes had a terrified and sobbing look on his face. She gazes all these boys who were so reckless, all become absolutely scared to death.

Apart from his body, there was nothing left of Phillip's head, the stream of red, brain matter and broken bones, and when the Calvary Boys wanted to turn their eyes away from the sight, they knew they couldn't.

It couldn't get easier as Ryes became a mess. His cries were sloppy, snot drooping on his mouth. Negan saunters over to him, leering the bat close to his face.

"This is what you did boys. Being all tough lookin', having your own badass group, and what's to make the top of the fucking list? Killing my people. Now, look at where you are. Fatty here, he just took one or six or seven for the team! So take.. a damn look." Ryes started to hyperventilate.

"Take a damn look at what you've done!" And that's when Mal's fear came back again. Kaito pounced and attack like a wild beast. He landed a punch at Negan's face, just enough to throw him back but not fall. He tried to grab him, but a Savior grabbed him first, pressing him into the ground, punching and twisting him to get him down.