Chapter 22

She charges the cavern of the alleyway, knocking people over her side or on the ground. Her first instinct is to yell Rin's name however she can hear the desperate cry and struggle that echoes Mal's ear.

She passes the alleyways to the city of the table stands, and it's a bloody chaos. The caverns are crowded with strange dark jacket people, tearing down the supplies, stealing and claiming every's supplies and tradings. They were hurting people, kneeling them to their knees to search through their apartments, and throwing them into the streets, even burn a couple of utensils that could've been useful.

Who are these people? Mal never seen them ever; the long dark jackets, clean cut hair with dirty faces and tarred teeth. She would love to stop this but is only for to protect Rin. Then a growl caught Mal's hearing.

A small ponytail girl is holding on a backpack as a shrouded tall rat face man tugs the back, threatens her to let go and she snarls back as then he slaps her across the face.

Mal exploded as she ran up and brought a hand across his face. She relished the shout of pain that escaped the man, enjoying it even more as another slipped out when she did it again. He soon hits her stomach, gasping as she is slammed down on the ground. Mal groaned as pain exploded in her face, she could feel a warm wetness dripping down from her nose. She tried to breathe through it but ended up choking on blood. She ignores, trying to breathe out yet Rin pounces on his back, biting the love of his ear, the animalistic screams came to him when he gets up and flings her off, holding his ripped ear.

Mal goes towards Rin. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

Ratface jaw clenched, the anger threatening to bubble over. "Thee little wench. How dare thee summon yourself ungrateful to our Glorificous."

Mal doesn't have the slightest clue what Ratface is saying. It's a language she's not familiar. Scavengers do tend to have their own bizarre yet unique language, speaking their own phrases and pronouncing them to make people confused. But this is something different, something formal and old.

"Who are you? And how dare you bring your men, trash this place, and hurt a girl, a child. This is not your place!"

"Not mine lodging? How about I showeth thee thy lodging?" With a quick motion he grabbed at His gun, twisting it around to face them.

Heart pounding, Mal had Rin tucked away behind her back, standing between the gun and Rin.

"Whoa!" The gun focused on hand raised Lugh, shushing the man. "Easy. Look listen, we just never been informed by this, and I'm sorry if they caused trouble."

"Those gents caused the problems. Mine orders is to taketh a few supplies until that insignificant issue doesn't alloweth me doth mine orders, and this wench hath a death wish coming right now!"

Rin moves out, facing the man. "It's not to steal or take!"

He cocks the hammer, pushing forward at Rin as Lugh goes between the gun at his chest and the girls. "Hey, hey. Just- calm down..."

"I doth not taketh orders from thee. Thou art all not worth t, not worthing of Glorificous!"

"Brutar!" A gentle call spoke. Ryes walks in, arms raised high at his head. "We know you are taking from Charlie orders."

"Only Glorificous!" He praises proudly, "Charlie only bid us to taketh the stuff we needeth for our agreements."

"Yes, although, we do need enough for our people. Charlie did provide you food and weapons but not to rampage people's homes. So, you must go now."

He lowers the gun, striding up to Ryes face, Ryes whole body shivers. "Well, just to beest clear, this time it'll beest thee dead upon the gates."

He nods vigorous, hoping the Ratface will understand.