Chapter 12 ||

Lucas Pov:

"Auntie, why the fuck is my daughter in the hospital?" I said into the phone. I'm just now getting the news now and she saying my daughter been in the hospital for 3 days.

"She's sick, Lucas." She said all calm like the shit ain't major. My daughter don't even get fucking sick, the last time she been sick was when she was like 9 months.

"What you mean she's sick? What the fuck wrong with her?" I questioned.

"Lucas, if you gone call me and cuss me out then I don't have to tell you nothing. You left her down here with me and now you wanna act like you care about her." She snapped.

"Bitch, fuck you. I'm coming to get my child and you won't have to worry bout her nomore. One thing you can't say is I don't care about my child because that's my main focus." I said then hung up the phone.

"Damn, you good?" Trilla questioned walking in my room.

"Hell nawl, my daughter been in the hospital for the last couple of days and I'm just now finding out. I'm so done with that bitch because I should be the first one to know about my damn daughter being in the hospital." I said.

"I feel ya, but don't go up there doing nothing stupid. You already gotta domestic violence charge on you." He said.

"And that's why you going with me." I said looking at him.

"If I gotta go then Tay crybaby ass gone wanna go." He said.

"We just gotta leave by tonight." I said.

.
..

Jayda Pov:

"So is everything good Tay?" I said into the phone. I just got the news that Pooh been in the hospital for days.

"I don't know, these disrespectful ass doctors act like they can't tell us what's up. If Lucas don't snap on they asses I will." She said.

"I might come down there after this lil meeting at the school." I said. Yes, I still work at the high school. I slick miss the students, this has been a long Christmas break.

"Ok, I'll let you know if she straight or not so you won't have to come down here. Because that is a pretty long ride." She said.

"Ok bet, y'all be safe. Let me know something asap." I said.

"You be safe as well, and I will." She said then I hung the phone up.

"You gotta good heart, foreal Jayda." Kodie said once I sat my phone down.

"What makes you say that?" I said turning towards her in the bed.

"Because like you and him don't even date nomore and you still making it your concern about his daughter. And then you just not doing it for his attention, you doing it because you really love that lil girl. That's all you talk about." She said playing with my hand.

"She's a sweet little girl and I wouldn't want her to feel like she don't have a mother figure in her life. I would say I would forever be around her but that can't be a promise." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Well, don't start stressing bout that right now." She said then her phone started ringing.

"Hello?" She said answering the phone.

"Give me about an hour, I'm not at home right now." She said then hung up the phone after a few seconds.

"Work calling." She said looking over at me. "I'll be back over later on tonight." She added.

"Ok, have a good day." I said as she got out the bed.

"Can I get a kiss before I go." She said leaning towards me as I pecked her lips.

.
..

Lucas Pov:

"We can't really give you a whole lot of information on Tiara. You don't even have custody of her, sir." The doctor said.

"So, whatchu saying is I can't figure out what the fuck is wrong with my daughter because I don't have custody of her? Fuck type of shit is that?" I snapped. These doctors here really finn get they ass beat. I been sitting in this hospital for hours and haven't heard shit from my daughter, haven't even got to see her yet.

"Well, maybe you should call Jayda White up here." The doctor said catching an attitude as she read the name off the paper.

"Lucas, just calm down. I'll get Jayda to come down here." Tay said.

.
..

We waited for a good 8 hours to hear that my baby got a 50/50 chance of dying. She gotta major cold and it's just getting worse and worse as the time goes by.

"Thanks Jayda." I said then walked out. I can't just stand there and watch my daughter lay in that hospital bed and I can't do nothing to help her. This shit eating me up, if my auntie would've took her to the hospital as soon as she got sick she would've been just fine.

Jayda Pov:

"Jayda, go talk to him." Trilla said.

"And say what? I don't know what's going through his head right now. And I might just make it worse." I said looking over at the hospital bed where Pooh was laying sleep.

"Ahem." A voice said then we looked towards the door. "Hey, Visiting hours are currently over. They'll open back at 10 in the morning." The doctor said.

We all got up to leave.

"How much is them hotel rooms?" I questioned as we walked out.

"Ours was 180 something dollars." Tay said. "We gotta extra bed in ours, if you just wanna sleep in there." She added.

"Oh hell no. She not sleeping with us." Trilla said then I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Boy, I don't wanna sleep with y'all asses anyways." I said.

"But that's stupid, why would you just waste your money on buying a room if we gotta extra bed in ours. Trilla quit being childish." Tay said.

"First of all, I was just playing with her lil ass. So get up off me." He said.

"If y'all gone be with that freaky shit then I don't wanna be in there." I said.

"I'm on my cycle, so we're not." She said then looked at him.

.
..