Chapter 17 ||

Jayda Pov:

It's been a week later and Lucas just disappeared off the face of Earth. I tried calling him, no answer. Went to his house, no answer. I haven't even seen his car. I even called his auntie, and she haven't even heard from him. Hopefully he come around because I've been stressing bad, and I can't stop myself from stressing. Being pregnant and stressing is not a good combination but I can't help it.

But today is my first day back to work. So I guess I gotta put a smile on my face.

"Hey teacher." Tay joked walking in my room.

"Girl bye." I said laughing at her ass. "What are you even doing up?" I questioned.

"I can't sleep because of Trilla loud ass snoring. He finn go back to Lucas' house because I'm bout tired of him." She said rolling her eyes.

"You can sleep in my room while I'm gone." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I was hoping you would say that." She said while laughing.

"Girl whatever, but I'm finn leave. I'll see y'all later." I said grabbing my purse.

"Ok bye, have a good day at work." She said then I headed out.

.
..

"Hey Ms. White." The principal greeted me once I came in the main office. It was so weird for them calling me Ms. White because last year they was calling me Mrs. Coly.

"Hey Mrs. Lovette." I said with a smile. "I wasn't here for the teachers' meeting and didn't get my new room key." I said then she nodded her head and dug in this drawer and pulled out a orange packet.

"Your key is in there along with the announcement that needs to be made today to your students." She said then I nodded my head.

"Ok, thank you. You have a great day." I said then walked out.

I reached my class and unlocked it and went in. This new classroom was much bigger and better. This year they only assigned me to be a cosmetology teacher and I was so happy for that because it's so stressful doing 2 subjects.

"Who in the hell is Ms. White?" Jayla said walking in the class.

"Oh lord." I said then she looked up from her schedule.

"Who is Ms. White?" She questioned.

"Me." I said knowing she finn question bout me and Lucas.

"You gotta divorce?" She questioned setting her stuff down on one of the tables.

"Yup." I said then students started walking in. "Goodmorning y'all." I said with a smile.

"This conversation ain't done Ms. White." Jayla said as I walked off to my desk.

"I know you better be in a chair before the bell ring or I'm marking you as late." I said then she smacked her lips.

"You better be glad this my senior year and I'm trynna do good." She said taking her seat. After a couple of minutes the bell finally ring.