Chapter 3 ||

Jayda Pov:

"Goodmorning Mrs. Coly. You can just follow me to my office." A woman said approaching me. This was my first time getting called by Lucas last name ever since we got engaged. So it slick made me smile.

"Goodmorning." I said then followed her to her office.

"You can take a seat, excuse all the papers on my desk. It's been a busy morning." She said taking a seat and I did the same.

"Ok so first let me start by saying that my assistant made a slight mistake on the email that was sent to you." She said then I nodded my head. "We just recently decided to do a cosmetology class here since the students kept bugging us about it but a month back I had pulled your name for you to be a math teacher but while my assistant was going through your background and seen your cosmetic experience and assumed you was pulled to be a temporary cosmetology teacher until we know you're capable of becoming a permanent teacher. Which that is what we do with all teachers. But where I'm getting to is we still need a 12th grade math teacher and also a cosmetology teacher which the cosmetology class is only one class through the whole day and you have 5 classes of math. But we have 7 periods throughout the whole day and you will be giving one free period for a break." She explained.

"Ok, that's no problem. I can handle that." I said with a smile. Hell I went to college for this so imma do it.

"Ok great. So I will ask you a few questions and then I'll show you your classrooms, schedules, and all that other stuff." She said then I nodded my head.

.
..

I pulled up to the house and seen a girl walk from off the porch.

"Hey?" I said getting out the car then I noticed it was one of the girls from the studio, Omeretta.

"Hey, I need to speak with Lucas." She said. "Wait my bad, I didn't mean to say it like that. It's about work." She said then I nodded.

"He's not here right now. What's up? I'll pass on the message." I said.

"Well, you know how I got Lucas back in the studio." She said then I nodded.

"Yes." I said.

"Well, he came in 3 weeks ago one time. And haven't came back ever since. He's ignoring the manager calls and my calls. I done tried hard to get him back in that studio and for him to turn around and fuck up again is making me look bad also." She said confusing me.

"Wait when was the last time he been up there?" I questioned.

"Literally 3 weeks ago." She said.

"Y'all must've been there at different times or something because he go up there daily." I said with a chuckle.

"The manager even said it, and he be up there 24/7 because he the one who gives us the key to get in the studio room." She explained.

"Somebody's lying to me." I said then she shook her head.

"Do it look like I would lie about something like this." She said then I nodded because she had a point.

"Hold up, lemme call him right quick." I said pulling out my phone and called him.

"Wassup bae?" He said then I put him on speaker.

"Where you at?" I questioned.

"Getting ready to leave the studio, wassup? You hungry?" He questioned.

"Naa I'm good." I said then hung up the phone.

"I swear I just left the studio and came right over here because our manager was just talking bout it." She said. "I'm sorry if I just started something between y'all, but it ain't nothing but business." She said then I nodded my head.

"You good, thanks for letting me know. I don't know what he's been doing but I don't know if he gone come back up there or not." I said then she nodded.

"Ok well, Imma leave. Let him know what I said." She said then walked off.

.
..

"Why you hang up on me like that?" Lucas said then kissed my cheek.

"Why you lie to me like that?" I said then he looked at me crazy.

"What is you talking bout?" He said sitting on the bed as he took off his shoes.

"Yo ass haven't been at the studio in 3 weeks, so where you been?" I said calmly. Tay and Talia wasn't here because they moved into their new place the other day with the help of Lucas so if I wanted to yell I could.

"How the fuck you gone tell me where I been?" He said catching an attitude.

"Because that Retta girl told me. So where you been? Gone head and tell me because you don't want me accusing you of cheating." I said then he decided to ignore my ass and stripped out his clothes to get in the shower.

"Lucas I will really fucking leave yo ass. I'm not finn sit up here and look like booboo the fool for no damn nigga." I said then he finally turned around.

"I'm not finn be up in that damn studio with them folks thinking they can run over me because I'm fucking injured. Hell I'd rather be in the streets than in there." He said surprising the fuck outta me.

"So where was you going next week if you wasn't going to no damn performance?" I questioned.

"To go find Kash. And don't even start tripping about it because you don't know how I'm feeling." He snapped.

"I don't know how you feeling? Boy I don't give a fuck how you feeling, you going to go find that man when you got a whole child. So what, you just don't care about Tiara? You gone fuck around and lose your damn family. And you sure the fuck gone lose me because I'm not staying with no dumb ass retarded ass wanna be hood ass nigga." I snapped. "And then you got me out here looking dumb thinking yo ass at the studio but naa yo ass out doing God knows what." I added.

"Jayda you not leaving me so sit the fuck down somewhere." He said grabbing my arm but I yanked back from him.

"Ok, you not going to find Kash period." I said then he started shaking his head.

"It's too late it's already planned." He said.

"Ok then, it's too late I'm already leaving." I said but he wasn't going.

After a while of going back and forth with him, he finally let me leave.