Chapter 5 ||

Jayda Pov:

Teaching is depressing and tiring. I been teaching for 3 months now and honestly I'm tired of it. But I done grew a close bond with all them teenagers, so quitting wasn't even an option. They finally made me a permanent teacher, yes I'm happy because I got a life long job.

"Hey Mrs. Coly." Alexis said walking in my classroom. It's my break so the classroom was empty.

"Hey." I said giving her a smile. She was one of the students in my cosmetology class. This girl is living the horrible life, her mother treat her like shit for real.

"You told me to tell my mom about my pregnancy and she kicked me out." She said catching me off guard.

"Wait what happened?" I questioned.

"I took the test like you said and it came out positive so I took another one and it came out positive and I sat both of them on her dresser with a lil note and went to work when I came home the doors was locked and my shit was on the porch. And she changed the locks so what does that tells you? She kicked my ass out." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"So where are you staying?" I questioned.

"With you unless you want me to get put in the system." She said then I took a deep breath.

"Where's your stuff at?" I questioned.

"In my auntie storage. She don't know it's there." She said.

"Come by my class right after school." I said then she nodded her head.

"Ok, thank you." She said then got up and walked out.

"Ew Mrs. Coly it smells like 10 cans of bounce that ass in here." Nique and her lil clique said coming in my class eating on some chips.

"I didn't start smelling it til y'all came in here." I joked.

"Naa, it's them stale ass toes you got out." Jayla said pointing at my toes.

"Naa, it's probably them stale ass chips you eating." I said back. "What do y'all want? I'm trynna enjoy the silence but y'all keep bothering me." I added.

"It's Friday, remember you said we could have a sleepover with you?" Makayla said.

"I thought y'all was just playing. Y'all too old to be doing some damn sleepovers." I said.

"My mama been tripping all week, I'm not trynna stay in that house this weekend. Come on before I get mad." Nique said smacking her lips.

"Lucas not finn deal with y'all loud asses." I said while laughing already knowing how it's gone go down.

"Lucas already said he didn't care." Jayla said. They asked last week on my break period while Lucas was here and his ass thought they was playing too, so he went along with it.

"If I say yes, will y'all leave me alone?" I questioned.

"Yes. Is it the same address where I came to get my homework from?" Jayla asked.

"Yes, now get out my classroom." I said shooting them off.

"Girl we'll be there around 7 something. Have something cooked because imma be hungry." Nique said.