Chapter 16 ||

Lucas Pov:

"Mann who is it?" I groaned walking to the door, it's like 6 something in the damn morning.

"Melissa." She said on the other side of the door. Y'all remember Melissa? Pooh's mama.

"Why you kno-" I said then stopped myself in mid-sentence once I seen her face. Look like she been crying for days.

"What's wrong with you?" I questioned opening the door wider so she can come in.

"That's what I gotta talk to you about." She said coming inside as I closed the door behind her.

.
..

Jayda Pov:

"Yea, so basically they saying I gotta find a field trip to take them right when school start. Like why so early? They just got done spending hella money on school clothes." I said to Tay as we walked around the mall.

"Yea, that's stupid. They could've at least waited til like the middle of the school year." She said.

"Right, but I had a field trip planned the middle of the year to this cosmetology school in Miami and we was just gone stay a couple of days down there. Like it's already scheduled and all, and they know about it because I told them before school ended." I said.

"You could take them to your old hair salon." Tay said coming up with a great idea.

"I could do that! But I don't want to charge them for going to my damn hair salon." I said. They want me to do a field trip for money for the school but why charge them?

"Jayda everything cost money. $15 field trip ain't a lot to ask for." She said then I nodded my head.

"I guess." I said as we walked in this baby clothing store.

"Hey, can I help you ladies today?" This female worker said approaching us as we walked in.

"Yes, my girl here, Jayda, is trying to tell her boyfriend that she's pregnant. Like we was thinking bout giving him like a lil cute lil onesie saying that they having a baby." Tay explained.

"Oh, ok. Well congratulations!" The woman said with a smile. "We have this onesie that says 'surprise!' and below it you can attach the pregnancy test. It's just not a wearable onesie." The woman explained.

"Ok, that'll work." I said nodding my head.

.
..

"I didn't even know you was here, thought you would've been at your house." I said to Lucas as he was sitting on the couch on his phone once I walked in.

"Where you been all day?" He questioned then looked up at me and his eyes was bloodshot red.

"Shopping then I went to get my hair and nails done, what's wrong with you?" I questioned dropping my bags on the couch.

"If you would've been here you would've known. I called yo ass for 2 hours straight bruh." He snapped.

"My phone been dead. And you know that because it went straight to voicemail. You can't get mad at me for that. So don't start taking your anger out on me." I snapped back.

"Yea okay." He said nodding his head then looking back down at his phone.

I walked off to Tay's room to see was Trilla here because I know he knows what's going on with his dumbass friend.

"Come in." Tay said after I knocked on the door. I walked in her room and thank god Trilla was there laying on her bed.

"What's wrong with Lucas?" I questioned closing the door behind me.

"Melissa came by his house telling him how Pooh not his child and that Tay's brother is the father. That's why all that shooting shit happened." Trilla said catching me all the way off guard. Whaatttt?

"Why would Lucas even believe her though? She probably did that just to get Pooh back. Where is Pooh?" I questioned.

"She had DNA papers with her proving that it's Kash child. And with her mama, I guess." He said. "But its a lot more other shit to it, you gotta talk to Lucas about it." He added.

"Wait a minute, what?" Tay said looking at Trilla.

"I'm not repeating myself." He said.

"But why would she give her Pooh with no hesitation? I still have custody of Pooh." I said.

"Because why would he keep a child that's not his? I know he love Pooh and all that but he can't be that weirdo that's keeping somebody else child knowing they want they child. I think he made the right choice to give her Pooh because if he didn't that would've just dug a bigger hole. And you know he wouldn't just give her Pooh if he think it's dangerous for her." He explained.

"He could've waited to think about his decision. I don't care, y'all know how close they was. So now he finn stress over it and I know he gone be worried about Pooh everyday. I mean like that dude did shoot him. I know that's yo brother and all Tay but I don't trust him because ain't no telling what's going through his mind." I said.

"Well Jayda all I can tell you is, go talk to him. Telling me ain't gone change his mind. Hell its too late to change his mind because it already happened." Trilla said.

"You right. But goodnight y'all." I said then walked out.