86

" . . . the speculation about what happened between Kimioko Phan and ourselves is partially true; our privacy urges us both not to go into detail about what transpired. Despite what has happened, as understanding adults, we have all moved on from that past and look forward to futures where both our careers and personal lives will not be infiltrated by scandals that have already been settled.

"We hope that these issues will not cause strife in our work and are left for us to deal with and not for the media to continue meddling in. We wish nothing for the best for Ms. Phan, who has proven to be a top-class designer and well onto her way at become world-renown. We thank her for her patience during this tumultuous time.

"We ask that everyone, including the public, leave the situations of the past in the past, and allow us both to raise our daughter without further invasive acts. There was an incident where our personal business was breached and at the moment, we would appreciate it everyone kept a distance out of respect for our privacy and safety."

"So, how did that sound guys? Peter? Ms. Wildes?"

Anya looked at the both of them as they sat across from her at the conference table. They had spent all afternoon conjuring up a statement that would best satisfy the public without giving away too much of their business. It was all a big risk—Peter could tell that by how much Trystan had been clicking her pen as they were there, but they both agreed they could not continue on in hiding. They had their lives to live and their daughter to raise without fear of judgment.

"I think it sounded good," Trystan replied, glancing at Peter to see if he had the same sentiments.

"Yeah, I do, too. Who would this be going to again?"

"To most of the major news outlets. We'll post it on SoulWork's main website and make some calls out to direct them to the page. Any further questions will not be answered by either of you—everything you wanted to say is in the statement. If there are any questions about either companies , SoulWork and Sovereignty, respectfully, they will be answered by myself and Aaron and Sovereignty's spokesperson. No questions involving your personal lives will be tolerated; whatever you both choose to share with the world beyond this point is entirely up to you."

Peter and Trystan looked at each other before nodding simultaneously to Anya. "We can work with that," Peter spoke, and Anya nodded as well.

"All right." Anya lightly tapped the pieces of paper in front of her. "The statement will be made tomorrow. SoulWork will do as much as it can to make sure this process is as painless as possible."

The couple left it into the hands of the professional, Anya packing her belongings to get back to her office and begin the process that would shift their lives yet again, but they were hoping it would happen for the better.

They had already gotten the news that Benson's whereabouts had been located, somewhere out in Europe, and within the week, he would be brought back to the states in handcuffs and hit with the same charges Christine had. Neither Peter or Trystan thought he would be found so quickly, but they were not complaining—another hurdle had been passed and they were on to tackle the next thing.

"Well, seems to me you two have gotten some things settled." Ron walked into the room, a grin on his face.

In the beginning, Trystan was nervous to meet a top-tier C.E.O like Ron. Even though Peter has assured her over and over he was a kind man, she was still apprehensive.

"I've studied you quite a bit, Ms. Wildes," he told her after they had shaken hands and he welcomed her to a seat across from him. To make sure no one would hinder their meeting, he had invited her into his office.