19

"I never thought I'd get to walk inside an executive building." Clinging to Trystan's elbow, Angelique marveled at the pristine interior, in awe of its delicacy and prestige. "And you get to work here!"

"Calm your rattles." Trystan patted her friend's hand. "I'm usually at the studio so I'm only here if I need something from my office or if there's meetings."

"Still! This place is great!"

Trystan chuckled at Angelique's easy astound as they traipsed to the innermost part of the floor to the elevators. They stepped onto the tenth floor where they were to meet with the others.

"Melissa couldn't make it?" Trystan inquired as they settled onto one of the chocolate leather sofas in the hallway.

"Nah. She met up with the Benson guy yesterday to handle the business side of things and such. She'll be back once we start auditioning dancers and begin the choreo. So you'll have to deal with me today!" Angelique threw her arms around her annoyingly and  Trystan had to pull away before anyone could see the strange exchange.

"This is a place of business, Lique. You must refrain from your usual causticness," Trystan teased as she straightened herself back up.

"I don't know what "caustic" means but if its anything close to amazing, I refuse to do so."

Trystan rolled her eyes but snickered at her friend's bizzareness. She wouldn't openly admit it but she was happy to have her friend there with her. Mr. Benson was a cool guy but still intimidating to say the least. Peter, Neal, and Roger were used to the workings of big businesses and always maintained a character of stoic-ness that Trystan still had to learn to do. With Angelique there, subliminal messages could be passed about the two pertaining to someone with noticeable nose hair or a person who spoke with a weird voice that would entertain Trystan and ease her nerves.

"Why is it that you always beat us here?" The doors of the elevator barely opened as Roger complained of Trystan's precedency.

"I always believed in the idea that the early bird gets the worm," Trystan teased as the three men filed out the contraption. "And besides, Lique here wanted to get a tour of the building before we met up with Mr. Benson."

As soon as Angelique's presence was revealed, Neal was already in front of her and gathering her into a hug.  "What are you doing here?" he asked when he found the strength to put a distance between them.

"I work with the dance company Elle Marie's using. Melissa couldn't make it to this meeting so I came in her place."

The mention of her girlfriend didn't seem to discomfit Neal's obvious attraction to her, and Trystan could only roll her eyes at them. She didn't know whether Neal's disregard to Angelique's relationship or Angelique's disregard that she was in a relationship was worse.

"You'd think he'd have stopped by now," Tryston told Peter as he neared her. He chuckled, debating Angelique would have stopped the flirting considering she was the one with a relationship at stake.

"We both have crazy friends," Trystan inferred, and Peter agreed with an indubitably, "Oh yeah."

Trystan had decided to discard the unusual feelings for Peter that enveloped her the past Saturday, figuring that it had simply been their share of the intricacies of music that had her swooning. It had been no different during her first days as a producer when she met a man, Mark, who shared her appreciation of Maxwell. She thought she was in love with the guy until a week later she'd regained her senses and realized he was just another person to her.

It's just Peter, she reasoned with herself, all the while wishing she had a pen to click.

"Ah! So good to see you all here!" Mr. Benson entered the hallway with Ella Marie at his side. "I've been ready to talk business about this video since last week! Is everyone ready?"