29

Trystan awakened when the cool blue hues of early morning dipped through the window's blinds and kissed the nape of her neck. Her body was leaden, as if she had slept like a baby, but her phone indicated she had only slumbered for three hours. She released a complacent sigh when she felt Peter still holding her warmly, his arm draped across her waist and his labored breathing calm against her skin. For the entire day she wished to stay like that, being grasped by a man that cared for her so much.

Alas, she could not dwell in the beauty that lovemaking left for the morning, where the brushes of skin and scent of intimacy acted as gentle reminders of what had been. If she were not back in her own room by eight-thirty, when her mother would knock and request for her presence in the kitchen to assist with breakfast, she would wonder where she was, and Yvonne was not afraid to search her house to make Trystan do work. In her eyes, she was still the mother who could boss her  daughter around when need be.

Still, she allowed, just for a small moment, to luxuriate in what had ensued hours before. She and Peter had actually done it, they had actually gone to that forbidden place, only thought but not spoken, dreamt of but not lived, craved but not tasted, and it was glorious. The dull ache between Trystan's thighs was a tantalizing keepsake of what Peter had given her and planned to give her more of in the future. His taste still lingered in her mouth, and the feel of where his hands had touched her lured goosebumps to rise on her skin. So badly, she wanted him again.

Damn, she thought. Just damn.

From the moonlight that still invaded the space outside, she reckoned she still had a couple more hours to spare in Peter's presence. She almost snickered at the things he was making her do. Had she not felt so adored, so warped by the simple touches of his skin, she would have returned to her own room right after they were finished, the fear of being caught dominating. But now, as she lied beside him, feeling more comfortable than she ever had with any man she had been with, she entertained the idea of being exposed. At least then, she would not have to hide being in love.

She rested her palm against Peter's cheek, feeling the short stubble of the morning on his skin. She wanted to taste him, he looked so good while he slept. She ran her tongue across his bottom lip and chuckled when he stirred. She pecked along his face until he shifted and peeked one eye open to look at her.

"Good morning?" he said in a voice so gravelly it sent chills down Trystan's spine. She assumed almost everything about the man was attractive.

He snickered softly as her soft lips continued to spot his face, "What are you doing?"

"I had to wake you up somehow," she reasoned and finally ended the barrage of kisses with one on his lips.

"Why did you wanna wake me up?" Peter stretched a little. "I figured you would have wanted to leave by now so you wouldn't catch the wrath of your mom."

Trystan giggled. "Another hour won't hurt. And I don't know . . . I just missed you."

"I'm right here next you."

"But you were sleep."

"You know you're crazy, right?"

"Just a little."

Peter gave her a canvassing eye before letting his head loll in quiet laughter. Trystan's hand glided down to his chest, and she wanted to feel even closer to him than she had been before.