32

Trystan straightened her bedspread neatly, finally assembling it back to the way it had been before she and Peter's last lovemaking session the night before. Even after washing the sheets, they still smelled faintly of his cologne. She smiled at the circumstance. It seemed as Peter would always leave a piece of him no matter where he was to go.

She passed her reflection in the mirror and noticed how many hickeys had accumulated during Peter's stay and how much make-up she would have to use to cover them all up. She would question his never ending affinity of leaving love bites, but she knew his response would mean very little, for she always looked forward to the actions it took to discard them there. Beggars could not be choosers.

There was a knock on her open door, and she turned to see Peter, donned in a navy hoodie, lingering in the entryway. "Hey."

Trystan grinned, "Hey."

"Getting ready to head out—my plane leaves at ten." He jabbed his thumb out the doorway, his empathetic smile showing he would rather do almost anything else than leave Trystan's home. He had never gone through such a bout of emotions before; he was beginning to find himself and even though it was exhausting, Trystan's support was all he needed to get him by. It would be hard leaving her and going back to Los Angeles where that encouragement had not been present for so long he had forgotten it had existed.

"It's only seven-eighteen . . . you can't stay a little bit longer?" Trystan neared him and grabbed his hands into hers. She knew she was stalling, but she could not help herself. Peter's presence made her feel so warm inside.

"You know I want to, but New York traffic can be hell and it takes two hours to get to the airport." He rubbed the pad of his thumbs against the back of her hands sympathetically.

"A few more minutes won't hurt," she reasoned and began stepping backward towards the bed, leading his hands to her waist. She draped her arms around his shoulders and mumbled against his neck."Just two minutes, I promise."

Her teasing smile brought about Peter's own, and the compromise was not an easy one to decline, not that Peter had ever thought of 'no' as an option with her lips against him.

"You're a piece of work, you know that?" he surmised as he landed on top of her when she fell against the bed. Trystan simply smiled before bringing his face to meet hers.

She locked her legs around his waist as their playful pecks turned into Peter sucking her bottom lip and she clutching at his hair. Each second that passed was more lengthy than the last, so much that time had become illusory, just as they both liked it. When they were together, time did not exist, only they did. They made up a world where the only barriers were their own and they chose whether or not to cross them or cower behind the lines.

Alas, as the two minutes did indeed pass, they were no longer in just their world; they were reentering one where they played by society's rules, by ethics, morals, and even Kimioko. Their love was a violation they had to keep from being revealed, even if that meant putting up the aggravating façade that they were only friends.

Peter groaned out of irritation when he had to pull away from Trystan's lips, annoyed that the erection forming could not be tended to unless he wanted to miss his flight.

"I gotta go," he muttered, his forehead against hers. "If I don't leave now, I never will."

"That's not a bad idea, is it?" Trystan inquired as she toyed with the drawstrings of his top. Peter would have taken her words jokingly had her voice not been void of humor.

He settled down beside her as Trystan stayed on her back, her eyes on the ceiling. Peter wished he could tell all of what she was thinking, but her expressionless disposition made it difficult to do so. He did not know what to say, so he simply let his fingers toy with her father's locket that lied complacently in the dip of her collarbone.