España

Requested by @twinklemj!

~

It was the last weekend in August, and you had traveled to Bunol, Spain, for the La Tomatina festival.

Once you had arrived in the outfit that was soon to be ruined, there were tomatoes being thrown everywhere, and the streets and participants were absolutely covered in tomato slush. You had laughed as people immeadiately began throwing tomatoes and tomato slush at you, and you were covered very quickly. You were having so much fun smashing tomtoes onto peoples heads that you didn't see one get thrown right at you.

"Agh!" You cried as it hit you directly in the face. A loud laugh was heard over the sound of the excited yelling and screaming occuring all around you. You sourced the laugh and found that it was coming from a tan man with dark brown hair and emerald eyes. You smirked at him and scooped some tomato slush up from the ground and threw it at his face.

He was the one to cry out in surpise this time. You giggled proudly and skipped over to him, wiping the tomato from his face. His eyes locked with yours and he grinned, smearing some onto your face. You two quickly became friends.

~6 months later~

Antonio had taken you out for a lunch. Something about him has recently been different. He always blushed a little bit more whenver you kissed his cheek, he always smiled wider whenever you would smile at him.. and you've been feeling the same way too. You weren't really sure what to think, but one thing was for sure... you loved your best friend.

"(Y/N)?" Spain asked from across the small booth. You looked up at him, raising your eyebrows.

"I think I'm in love with you.." He blushed, looking into your eyes. He expected something drastic to happen, like you storming out of the restaurant because he hadn't told you sooner or you to burst out crying or maybe even throw your food in his face. But you smiled.

"Are you being serious?!" You exclaimed happily, your heart pounding.

He looked surprised for a second. He honestly wasn't expecting you to feel the same.. he fell in love with you instantly but didn't say anything, and stayed in the friend zone until it was unbearable to be labeled as your friend anymore. "Yes.. I'm being serious.." He smiled a little.

"I love you too!" You climbed over the table; because why the fuck not; and hugged him.

~1 3/4 years later~

"How does some coffee sound, amor?" Antonio asked from beside you. It was almost 10 am and you and him had just been laying there on your bed, cuddling for an hour.

"That sounds nice," You replied to your boyfriend, who smiled and kissed your forehead.

He released you from his protective grasp and pulled you up with him as he stood, stretching. You copied his actions and cracked your back, and he winced a little.

"That isn't good for you.."

"Shut up!" You chuckled, ruffling his hair. He kissed you lovingly and nuzzled your hair, being sure to get a nice sniff of its fresh scent, before taking your petite hand in his own and leading you to your kitchen. You sat at the counter while he brewed your coffee. You watched his every move, and noticed that he seemed a little more nervous than usual today.

"Is everything okay, Antonio?" You asked, a small frown making its way onto your pretty features.

"S-Si.." He said, turning and handing you your coffee mug whilst sitting down next to you.

You decided not to question him any further in fear of being viewed by him as over-worried.

"Amor?" He asked quietly from beside you.

"Hm?" You replied, looking over at him.

He set a small box onto the countertop in front of him and slid it over to you. You watched his hand as it pushed the box over in front of you, at first, you were confused as fuck and realisation hit you.

"T-Toni?" You squeaked as he popped the little box open, and inside was a beautiful diamond ring.

"(Y/N)," He breathed, his face dark red from his nervousness. "We've known each other for over two years and been together for most of those two years.. and I've never been happier. You make me smile and laugh.. do I make you do the same?"

Speechless, you could only nod, praying that you don't look as shocked as you feel.

"And we met in the funniest way.. I still rememeber the way you looked that day.." He chuckled. You smiled a little. "I'm sorry, I'm talking my ass off trying to prevent asking the big question, si?"

You watched him as he took both of your hands and kissed each one. "I love you, and want to spend the rest of my life with you.... will you marry me, (Y/N)?"

You gasped, and your voice had yet to grace its prescence back into you, so you just nodded. He slid the ring onto your finger and you both shared a tight hug and a future sealing kiss.